Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Toronto is getting a little crazy with the signs, or maybe we always were. Between this and CIBC Square's 4-6 signs per tower, it feels like corporate overkill.

More negativity! Come on guys, lets be optimistic, these are pretty basic drawings. I am going to look at the positive, it appears Cadillac Fairview has scored TD to be the lead tenant on this tower?. I had no idea TD was looking considering they already have the big black towers and the TD Canada Trust towers. But hey this is great news if indeed they are moving into this tower! I can't see this sign variance application being filed for unless it was pretty close to a sure thing.

With the Ontario Pension Plan already announced that they taking 300,000 sq ft of this tower, for TD to get naming rights Im guessing they took over 500,000k+ of space.

I feel sorry for BMO or Scotiabank, why we need another TD? TD have more than 5 tower under "TD" make me headache but if TD did take some tenant on this tower would be cool but I prefer TD stay TD Centre and TD Canada Trust sign

I think they would like to stop being spread out over random floors across multiple (old) towers and move to something more centralized. I had heard they were considering moving as well.

That sign sticking out of the slope in the east roofline should not be approved. That's ridiculous in the extreme, and the City should be categorical about ruining architectural lines for such things. Not sure I like any of those standing proud of the exterior wall instead of being integrated into it, but the east one is way offside.

True. That projection is just awful. Why create something so distinctive, then ruin it in such a myopic way?

Oh man, possibly another tower for TD? They've already got a ton of buildings as it is, I guess they're probably planning to centralize some operations. If it does end up being TD, I hope we will get to see some cool green lighting effects on the tower, haha.

Makes me wonder if some of the other banks are planning moves too, given that CIBC is moving some operations to CIBC Square, and now possibly TD.

There has been quite a few movements in the past several years in banking. RBC opened the Waterpark Place tower, then the RBC Centre (both built in the past 10 years). Then Scotiabank announced they are taking space in Bay Adelaide North, CIBC obviously has CIBC Square under construction, now TD might be investing in 160 Front?

All we have left is BMO!

Don't forget HSBC moving into 16 York as well! Just BMO and maybe National Bank left (but they don't have a major presence in Toronto anyway).

BMO is building a very large office where sears used to be no ? That was over 500K of space if I recall ?

There has been quite a few movements in the past several years in banking. RBC opened the Waterpark Place tower, then the RBC Centre (both built in the past 10 years). Then Scotiabank announced they are taking space in Bay Adelaide North, CIBC obviously has CIBC Square under construction, now TD might be investing in 160 Front?

All we have left is BMO!

I didn't know that Scotiabank taking space in Bay Adelaide North so Scotiabank logo sign will on Bay Adelaide North? if true? then I will say I feel sorry for BMO because I didn't see any new BMO since First Canadian Place

Back