Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Construction trailers just started showing up
20190111_135711.jpg

This has been quite the past few days for Toronto skyscraper/ urban development geeks (like myself)! As someone who now lives outside the Province, you should all be aware that there are many a large city in NA that would be gobsmacked if they saw a project like this one or MG in their nabe... It's been a fun few days lurking on this website...

This has been quite the past few days for Toronto skyscraper/ urban development geeks (like myself)! As someone who now lives outside the Province, you should all be aware that there are many a large city in NA that would be gobsmacked if they saw a project like this one or MG in their nabe... It's been a fun few days lurking on this website...
A fun few days? Toronto urban development has been awesome since the mid-00's.

This picture is from yesterday afternoon. The platform is up to start taking down the west wall of the Joe Badali's building. Work will likely start Monday. I will post more pictures once the work commences. Sorry about the glare from the window.View attachment 171531

wait a minute? this project is official "under construction" or what? I don't want myself get confuse

That sign sticking out of the slope in the east roofline should not be approved. That's ridiculous in the extreme, and the City should be categorical about ruining architectural lines for such things. Not sure I like any of those standing proud of the exterior wall instead of being integrated into it, but the east one is way offside.

More negativity! Come on guys, lets be optimistic, these are pretty basic drawings. I am going to look at the positive, it appears Cadillac Fairview has scored TD to be the lead tenant on this tower?. I had no idea TD was looking considering they already have the big black towers and the TD Canada Trust towers. But hey this is great news if indeed they are moving into this tower! I can't see this sign variance application being filed for unless it was pretty close to a sure thing.

With the Ontario Pension Plan already announced that they taking 300,000 sq ft of this tower, for TD to get naming rights Im guessing they took over 500,000k+ of space.

More negativity! Come on guys, lets be optimistic, these are pretty basic drawings. I am going to look at the positive, it appears Cadillac Fairview has scored TD to be the lead tenant on this tower?. I had no idea TD was looking considering they already have the big black towers and the TD Canada Trust towers. But hey this is great news if indeed they are moving into this tower! I can't see this sign variance application being filed for unless it was pretty close to a sure thing.

With the Ontario Pension Plan already announced that they taking 300,000 sq ft of this tower, for TD to get naming rights Im guessing they took over 500,000k+ of space.

The "negativity" comes from the understanding that you can have everything you just described without an awful signage strategy that ruins a nice design.

That TI3 sign is very dumb. Don’t need a sign on every side. Let’s not ruin this thing already with something that takes away from the buildings shape. It will certainly remind me of L tower with its crane spot, if this sign goes ahead, which I’m sure will. Sadly.

Back