Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

60893360-75E9-4C26-8206-BBA277F700E5.jpeg
10A87DAD-C84B-4F60-80CB-ACAE7D9C9F66.jpeg

Photos taken September 27th but not the best light so will take some more this week earlier in the day. A few of my observations; as seen in some other posted photos you can see the concrete decking and fireproofing on the underside of the decks as well as vertical columns when the tarps came off, I noticed they have now 'hung' the construction trailer or whatever you call it off the side vs. moving it around the decking as they had and lastly looks like an elevator configuration change as the top north east of the core now has one less elevator opening.

September 271.jpg
September272.jpg
September273.jpg

Going up so fast. If we could build residential buildings this quickly we could easily build our way out of the housing crisis.
It may appear that way but I doubt if it is really faster. The steel structure might be going up fast but they still have to treat it with foam, add steel floors and cover them in concrete, etc. Residential towers with standard rebar+concrete construction can move up at a pace of one floor per week.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the curtain wall will start soon on the lower floors? Thinking should see this within the next 2 or 3 weeks or sooner?
That's sorta how it worked out with the CIBC Square phase 1 tower. Though I suspect this is true with most buildings that use elevator cores with steel frames.

Back