Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

North American cities were fairly dense before World War II. After the war ended, it was the age of automobile and suburbs which led to the hollowing out of cities and many buildings were demolished and turned into parking lots.

Now with people coming back into cities, cities are becoming dense again and many parking lots are now being re-developed.

Toronto has gone under a massive development since 1990's and the sea of parking lots are almost gone. By 2030, I think most of Toronto's remaining under utilized areas will have been developed.

North American cities were fairly dense before World War II. After the war ended, it was the age of automobile and suburbs which led to the hollowing out of cities and many buildings were demolished and turned into parking lots.

Now with people coming back into cities, cities are becoming dense again and many parking lots are now being re-developed.

Toronto has gone under a massive development since 1990's and the sea of parking lots are almost gone. By 2030, I think most of Toronto's remaining under utilized areas will have been developed.

The yellowbelt will undoubtedly remain by 2036.

Residents of London, Paris, and New York would laugh their @$$es off if they read your comment regarding their city being complete. All three of those are seeing significant amounts of construction and change to the point of distraction., like here.
Having lived in two of these three cities and spending considerable time in the third I can assure you there is very little undeveloped land in their downtown cores. Not the case in Toronto, yet.

IMG_20210217_125049472_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210217_125104245_HDR.jpg

Bay & King is gonna look quite different in a year from now...

IMG_20210217_132105422_HDR (2).jpg

Going back over the photo's posted here, it does appear construction on the elevator cores seem to have stalled from December 15 of last year...

...not sure what's up with that. It's a big site, perhaps other things have been worked on in the meantime. Or they are are well ahead of schedule...and have taken a really long Holiday break. Or the project could of gone Cresford up, leaving us with The Stump 2.0...but let's not think of that. Besides I imagine we would of heard of something like by now if the latter was the case, especially it being CF and all. /shrug

This site would qualify as one of the few sites in Toronto that had to shut down due to the lockdown, so it makes sense there hasn't been any progress since December.
Oh right...I almost forgot about that. My bad. :(

Back