Toronto 160 Front West | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Only other image / video I've ever seen of that peak is this one from 9 years ago:

It's long been a dream of mine to get up there...
I have been to the top back in 1989, we worked doing the maintenance on the interior of the antenna for a 3 months period, difficult to climb the last section as you can see in the video, i only stuck my upper torso out, signed my name there on the interior, got 5 stitches souvenir to remind me.

TD Bank has almost 90,000 employees, and they’re not all going to work from home. This one will be fine.

former contractor with TD here. They’re equipped for all staff to work remotely regardless of department and many employees at the central Toronto office commute and were doing 2-3 days from home anyways.

not sure if this is public or not but whatever - TD has been renovating its offices to be hot desk environments with no assigned seating, so many times there weren’t enough desks for people so people chose to work from home. I think hot desks will die because of COVID purely because I don’t think people will want to be sharing a workspace with an unknown amount of people.

I have been to the top back in 1989, we worked doing the maintenance on the interior of the antenna for a 3 months period, difficult to climb the last section as you can see in the video, i only stuck my upper torso out, signed my name there on the interior, got 5 stitches souvenir to remind me.

They had a piece of the top at the CNE the summer before installation. I signed it. I'm sure long weathered away.

Mon Apr 20, 2020

3:30ish pm

fullsizeoutput_38f5.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_38f6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_38f7.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_38f9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_38fa.jpeg

Some pretty juicy renderings from the Signage Application for this tower, which also reveal a few (new?) details:

(1) It looks like we'll be getting some green crown lighting to duel the blue RBC lighting across the street
1589922063291.png

1589922117679.png

The chamfered edges on the curtain wall are really interesting and I think it'll give the glazing some depth.
1589922217774.png

(2) The TD Branded signs will be digital screens which may display other static imagery for various events
1589922247755.png

(3) Dineen and Terroni as potential retail tenants?
1589922303204.png

Some pretty juicy renderings from the Signage Application for this tower, which also reveal a few (new?) details:

(1) It looks like we'll be getting some green crown lighting to duel the blue RBC lighting across the street
View attachment 246352
View attachment 246353
The chamfered edges on the curtain wall are really interesting and I think it'll give the glazing some depth.
View attachment 246354
(2) The TD Branded signs will be digital screens which may display other static imagery for various events
View attachment 246355
(3) Dineen and Terroni as potential retail tenants?
View attachment 246356
Thank goodness they've lowered the East facing logo, it looked terrible in the earlier plans right in the middle of the slope.

Is the green lighting on the upper portion of the tower fixed? It would be neat if it was changeable with whatever event/holiday/celebration happening along with the CN tower and other buildings around.

It'll be able to change colours. Most buildings these days don't have fixed colour LEDs on them anymore, they're almost always RGB dynamic.

Thank goodness they've lowered the East facing logo, it looked terrible in the earlier plans right in the middle of the slope.

It's an improvement, but it's still very strange-looking to my eyes. It looks just fine on the other three sides, but I don't think there's anywhere on the east face it could go where it wouldn't look super awkward.

Back