Toronto TD Terrace (160 Front W) | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Definitely L towers chubby brother, I’m ok with that though. I don’t love the slits. They look weird and out of place. Robot mouths. But whatever. Definitely adds to the above narrative.

This thing is getting built in a solid foundation. Never ending Jack hammering has been going on for a while now
20200108_113447.jpg
20200108_113459.jpg
20200108_113508.jpg
20200108_113516.jpg
20200108_113555.jpg

I dunno.... to me it looks like the L-tower's younger brother - the one who can't stop shovelling fast food into his yap. I think it's an unfortunate evolution. Those slits are cool though.

Except with a more graceful, sweeping shape, beautiful curtainwall glazing with a folder/serrated form, and a conception of architectural detailing. This won't resemble the L Tower whatsoever when you see it come together.

This thing is getting built in a solid foundation. Never ending Jack hammering has been going on for a while no

You have to hand it to Michael Bros. With mostly just two excavators (now three) they went about it in a very efficient, organized and speedy way. I have followed the progress of other excavation sites that had more machines and workers but didn’t seem to achieve the results that these guys keep producing.

Interested to see a) how the light plays off that (could get some cool sunset reflections) b) if there will be any snow/ice buildup (though one would hope they've thought of that).

If those are indeed going to be chamfered edges I'd be down with that. Might be some lovely plays of light on those facades then. Still not an admirer of its pudgy form, however.

You have to hand it to Michael Bros. With mostly just two excavators (now three) they went about it in a very efficient, organized and speedy way. I have followed the progress of other excavation sites that had more machines and workers but didn’t seem to achieve the results that these guys keep producing.
They are prepping the pit to put the footing of the first crane. I am assuming there will be 2. They also dropped off a concrete pouring bucket on site
20200109_095841.jpg
20200109_095851.jpg

Love previously unseen detail regarding the lighting around the tower edges. The contour and shape should be striking all lit up in the night skyline. I hope the cladding is a unique shade of blue to provide relief from southcore, but at least the tower is different in its bulkiness, its shape and the quirky balcony cutouts.

Back