Toronto TD Terrace (160 Front W) | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Man I keep looking at the database renders of this chubby, "yelling" fellow. trying to learn to like it. But the usual welcome curves just accentuate the eating disorder (night-lighting does not help). It doesn't seem to belong somehow.

In the spirit of optimism, many projects fail to deliver on render promises... so maybe the reverse will be true here and the building will suprise. Fingers crossed.

Even though it only got an 8 storey haircut, proportions seemed much better (original render below-from UT/skyrisecities).

https://cdn.skyrisecities.com/sites/default/files/images/articles/2015/03/15320/15320-49004.jpeg

This building's unconventional shape makes me like its girth. It's funky and doesn't take itself too seriously like most rectangular buildings. It reminds me of developments in Central London, though the public realm leaves a lot to be desired (as judging from the renders)

This building's unconventional shape makes me like its girth. It's funky and doesn't take itself too seriously like most rectangular buildings. It reminds me of developments in Central London, though the public realm leaves a lot to be desired (as judging from the renders)
It's a very "City" building indeed. Now it just needs a moniker!

"The Fat Lady Sings" comes to mind... maybe "The Fat Boy Yells". ;-)

As for references to Central London, hope this isn't our "Walkie-Talkie".

The Turtle.
Credit to @44 North
5mu3Ffu4fn.png

Back