Toronto TD Terrace (160 Front W) | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

This morning
160 Front Street 900.jpg

160 front 900.jpg

The view of the financial district from the CN Tower is going to really change. It has basically looked the same from that point forever.

A bit more info in this article
TD Bank leases 33 floors, buys 30% stake in CF’s 160 Front St. W.
In addition to offices, 160 Front Street West will include 12,290 square feet of commercial space. TD will have a bank branch on the ground floor of the building and Barwise said there will also be a couple of small food and beverage retailers that haven’t been confirmed yet.
https://renx.ca/td-bank-lease-33-floors-buy-interest-160-front-west-tower/

It would be a great connection from Union, MTCC, CBC and hopefully the main Financial District PATH considering you have to go through a parking lot currently to connect with the often dead Roy Thompson connection.

For anyone interested, as I was, here is what used to be there:

GUH.jpg

Postcard of the Grand Union Hotel on the northeast corner of Front and Simcoe Streets in Toronto, Canada. Known as the Grand Union from 1893 to 1915, the hotel was later known as the Carls-Rite Hotel and the Hotel Barclay. Before the construction of this building, the site accommodated inns beginning in 1835 - first the Toronto Tavern, and then the St. James' Hotel (see More Toronto Sketches by Mike Filey). See: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Grand_Union_Hotel,_Front_Street,_Toronto,_Canada.JPG
DatePostcard postmarked 1911

I naively used to think that the surface parking lots found in the downtown were the result of Toronto being a relatively young city (ie. more undeveloped land). Imagine my surprise when i realized that they're actually the product the demolition of older building stock, incentivized by lower carrying costs of surface parking lots. So many relics lost!

I naively used to think that the surface parking lots found in the downtown were the result of Toronto being a relatively young city (ie. more undeveloped land). Imagine my surprise when i realized that they're actually the product the demolition of older building stock, incentivized by lower carrying costs of surface parking lots. So many relics lost!
And we never had a war in the 1900s!

Back