Toronto TD Terrace (160 Front W) | 239.87m | 46s | Cadillac Fairview | AS + GG

Whenever I see photos of asbestos removal, workers are always wearing masks and full body protection, and the area they are working on is walled off with big plastic covers to prevent it spreading through the air.

These photos make me think there isnt any in this building.

F
Whenever I see photos of asbestos removal, workers are always wearing masks and full body protection, and the area they are working on is walled off with big plastic covers to prevent it spreading through the air.

These photos make me think there isnt any in this building.
From what I've heard, a certain percentage of asbestos was in the mortar of anything build over 75 years ago...so yes in may not be airbourne but still there

I wish the "space docks" were hollow. I wonder what the real thing will look like, these renders are never accurate.

Hot off the press:

1554984990824.png
Cadillac Fairview and Investment Management Corporation of Ontario Welcome TD Bank Group to Their Landmark Development at 160 Front Street West
Toronto, ON (April 11, 2019) – Cadillac Fairview (CF) and the Investment Management Corporation of Ontario (on behalf of its client Ontario Pension Board) announced today that TD Bank Group (TD) has signed a long-term lease agreement, which will see TD occupy 840,000 square feet across 33 floors at 160 Front Street West. As part of the transaction, which remains subject to customary closing procedures, TD will take part ownership in the building. For TD, the investment is a strategic decision that reflects the bank's strong balance sheet as well as the long-term outlook for corporate real estate in the downtown core.​
“We are pleased to announce that 160 Front Street West is now 100 per cent leased. Closing out our leasing efforts with our long-standing partner, TD is a significant occasion for our two companies,” said Wayne Barwise, Executive Vice President, Development, Cadillac Fairview. “Together, in 1967 CF and TD took a bet on the Toronto skyline with the opening of Toronto-Dominion Centre, forever changing the intersection of King and Bay Streets. I’m thrilled that over 50 years later we continue to collaborate, grow and innovate together.”​
With a significant presence in the new tower, TD has an opportunity to play a unique role in its design and construction. This partnership with Cadillac Fairview will give TD the ability to shape the vision of the interior workspaces and employee environments to drive colleague collaboration and improved workflow across the organization.​
"It's not every day that an organization has the chance to design, from the ground up, a new kind of workplace," said Paul Whitehead, SVP Enterprise Real Estate, TD. "The tower at 160 Front Street West will create a free range, open concept campus experience, and reimagine the work experience for our colleagues. This is a key part of our GTA real estate strategy to transform the way our employees work, and updates to support this are already underway at many of our locations in downtown Toronto, including our flagship TD Centre.”​
Designed by world renowned Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, in collaboration with B+H Architects as the Architect of Record, the building is slated to open in the fall of 2022. TD joins the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan as major tenants of the building.​
With close proximity to the City’s main transit hub, the office tower features 1.2M square feet of premium office space across 46-storeys, 339 parking stalls, 492 bicycle stalls, and 12,290 square feet of retail space. Incorporating the latest in smart building technology, 160 Front Street West is designed to achieve LEED® Platinum and WELL Building Standard® certifications. Further, once operational, the building will be subject to the standards of CF’s award-winning sustainability program, Green at Work®.​
“This project is indicative of our commitment to generating strong results over the long term for our clients through acquiring and developing high-quality assets,” said Brian Whibbs, Managing​
Director of Real Estate, IMCO. “This is possible when we work with strong and valuable partners like Cadillac Fairview.”​
Cadillac Fairview currently has $1.5B of major office projects under development, including the $479 million building at 16 Street in Toronto, which is a joint project with IMCO, the $200 million BMO Campus at CF Toronto Eaton Centre, and the $60 million revitalization of 2 Queen Street West in Toronto.​

- - -

So, what we all had guessed based on the sign variance request, we now know!

With this fully leased now too it certainly paves the way for The Hub, Commerce Court 3, or Union Centre to accelerate. Out of the major office projects under construction right now almost all are nearly fully leased if I recall correctly. Won't be surprised to see announcements/construction start in the next year on one of those projects, with the Hub being the most likely.

Back