Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

If you are going to spend lots of money to have an office tower in a very important corner to be well executed in terms of materials, then WHY don't you just spend a little more to design it match the ICE towers next to it?

It's also important to be able to lease it. Co-work spaces aren't limited to small boxes anymore but, a curvy tower isn't a very efficient space for cramming in people the accountants (and I don't mean Ben Affeck's desperate attempt at being John Wick ) that run our corporations want.

CIBC Square is beyond my expectations. It's still a modified rectangle. It's not 400 West Georgia or 720 Beatty. Very different office market in Vancouver.

It's also important to be able to lease it. Co-work spaces aren't limited to small boxes anymore but, a curvy tower isn't a very efficient space for cramming in people the accountants (and I don't mean Ben Affeck's desperate attempt at being John Wick ) that run our corporations want.

CIBC Square is beyond my expectations. It's still a modified rectangle. It's not 400 West Georgia or 720 Beatty. Very different office market in Vancouver.
It is different, sure, but what do you mean by that? Eg., what are you inferring?

Taken last Monday (Blue Jays spanking Texas night):
20190823_112918.jpg
20190823_112823.jpg
20190823_113002.jpg

It is different, sure, but what do you mean by that? Eg., what are you inferring?

Small and mid sized firms control the Vancouver office market. They are more flexible to interesting, less efficient spaces like MNP, 400 West Georgia, 700 Beatty than the large corporations anchoring Toronto towers that desire 25,000 plus square foot floor plates. The scale of the floorplates restricts how far you can push design.

Looks like they are starting to enclose the underside of the overhang over Bremner today. Will be nice to see more if the ground level work being done.

I will be glad once this building is complete. It will finally give this area a sense of completion. Took 15 years.

Back