Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

I could be off but I have a sense that Cadillac Fairview is planning to relocate part of their HQ from 20 Queen St W. down to 16 York.

I'm not so sure. They can get higher rent from other tenants down there, they're putting a big sign on the top of their current HQ, the offices in there are relatively new and quite nice, and lastly that location is a part of their signature retail property, and closer to their signature office property (TD).

I'm not expecting an Alsop-level building for the area, but something even modest like the red brick of a Daniels Waterfront would be a very welcome addition.

Why can't we get something like this?:cool:

City approves much-needed, 24-storey office tower downtown
Unique building features stacked four-storey boxes articulated with green walls

vancouver.jpg

http://www.vancourier.com/real-esta...ed-24-storey-office-tower-downtown-1.23181488

Attachments

• vancouver.jpg
    vancouver.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 567
I’m jealous that’s going up in Vancouver and not here that building would fit perfectly at BAC North

It's too easy to take a design you like and say it's the perfect fit for BA North. Same happens with supertalls and parking lots. This tower is going after a different type from BA . Vancouver's office market is very different from Torontos. It's just approved too. Best not to jump the gun on whether this gets built or not.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if they're struggling to find tenants for whatever reason.

I'm positive this location has no problem attracting new tenants. I am dying to know what kind of retail will be coming to the retail spaces in both 16 York and at the base of Ice. Retail "C", the biggest retail space will be on York right next to the escalator to the Path entrance doors. Hoping it's a restaurant. Ice's retail space has sat empty since it was built. That space is managed by CF apparently. There is one of those spaces being used as PCL's construction office now. Would like to see some cool shops in there once they vacate.

Yeah my opinion is this building will lease out no prob. They planned to build it on spec and it's already 40% leased out, probably even higher now. My guess is by the time it's done construction it'll be 80% leased out or more. Great location too.

The progress on this project is amazing. I think there's a chance it could be done before 488 University which had at least a two year head start.

Seeing the wall of ice next to 16 get close to being hidden by the first floors is nice to finally see! Will be really great to see the green roof get built and have that one continuous ledge around the entire block. Also dying to know the retail tenants are going to be

Back