Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

August 28: Finally too big for my camera. Canopy beginning to be installed as well.

d2BKPz.jpg

Thanks tstormers for the heads up on the cladding.
SKjfWX.jpg

The glass appeared very turquoise or almost green in the last photo but in the post above it appears very mirrored/reflective. Hopefully, it will ultimately it will be more along the lines of a very reflective glass.

Last edited:
The glass appeared very turquoise or almost green in the last photo but in the post above it appears very mirrored/reflective. Hopefully, it will ultimately it will be more along the lines of a very reflective glass.
It seems to be reflecting the green roof in that picture.

One of the big reasons why I'm happy 16 is being built so fast is so that the retail space (reduced in size or not) is what this block needs! Once PCL vacates the retail spaces in ice, I'm hoping for some quality tenants. Southcore is lacking some more retail. Looking forward to the new green roof canopy extend the span of York street too.

A little too teal for me, as it almost seems identical to the pwc tower glass, but I am definitely looking forward to the detailing.

Today:
IMG_1713 - Copy.jpg
IMG_1714 - Copy.jpg
IMG_1715 - Copy.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1713 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1713 - Copy.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 562
  • IMG_1714 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1714 - Copy.jpg
    644.4 KB · Views: 537
  • IMG_1715 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1715 - Copy.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 510
HSBC moving to 16 York. Taking 6 floors.

Link:
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...-torontos-south-financial-core-692490071.html

Details:
VANCOUVER, Sept. 5, 2018 /CNW/ - HSBC Bank Canada and Cadillac Fairview are proud to announce the signing of a long-term lease agreement for 16 York Street in Toronto. HSBC will move its Torontocorporate office to this new south financial core space beginning in October 2021. It will occupy 115,189 square feet on six of the 32-storey office building's floors, including 5,200 square feet of retail space facing York Street. 16 York Street is being built to LEED platinum specifications and will target WELL certification, the occupant-centric standard for tenant well-being, comfort and efficient operation.

Great to see a large tenant sign. Very excited to see others as well as the retail space. Overall, I'm super impressed with the speed at which this tower is being built.

Happy about the tenant, not happy about the retail space on York Street being taken by a bank branch. Really could have used a nice restaurant and patio to animate this side of the street, especially with the uninviting Ice Condos frontage.

HSBC moving to 16 York. Taking 6 floors.

Link:
https://www.newswire.ca/news-releas...-torontos-south-financial-core-692490071.html

Details:
VANCOUVER, Sept. 5, 2018 /CNW/ - HSBC Bank Canada and Cadillac Fairview are proud to announce the signing of a long-term lease agreement for 16 York Street in Toronto. HSBC will move its Torontocorporate office to this new south financial core space beginning in October 2021. It will occupy 115,189 square feet on six of the 32-storey office building's floors, including 5,200 square feet of retail space facing York Street. 16 York Street is being built to LEED platinum specifications and will target WELL certification, the occupant-centric standard for tenant well-being, comfort and efficient operation.

Back