Toronto 16 York | 154.83m | 32s | Cadillac Fairview | a—A

I think this area would be great place to live for many reasons. Perhaps not for kids and 'trick or treating' but for location and proximity to all that downtown has to offer this is fantastic. Anyone here who lives in Southcore?

I live in ÏCE2. Truly a great neighborhood to live. Close to everything, and transit to get u anywhere in the city or region. It does have a more modern feel to this hood. If you work downtown, living in this neighborhood is amazing!

A couple of photos while on my way to work this morning. Interesting view off a building (One York I believe) to the south while under the Gardiner.

20181101_094327_resized.jpg
20181101_094359_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20181101_094327_resized.jpg
    20181101_094327_resized.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 2,014
  • 20181101_094359_resized.jpg
    20181101_094359_resized.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 2,010
I can't recall if it had been noted on the forum previously, but HSBC, First National Financial, and IMCO will all be among the first tenants here.

The downtown office vacancy rate is now down to 3% overall; interestingly, in the downtown it is highest (though still tight) in the financial core and Liberty Village.

Incredible image. Mind boggling difference.

Funny how that parking garage is still there. Surely it's only a matter of time until it's redeveloped, and being one of the last significant development sites in south core I hope we see something nice there.

I can't recall if it had been noted on the forum previously, but HSBC, First National Financial, and IMCO will all be among the first tenants here.

The downtown office vacancy rate is now down to 3% overall; interestingly, in the downtown it is highest (though still tight) in the financial core and Liberty Village.

Yep that's been the norm for the last 5 years or so; As businesses are moving to the newer buildings in the south core - west/east of the core as well - leaving large blocks left in the traditional financial district.

The key is though, when this boom started years ago, the prediction was those vacancies would be hard to fill and cause the overall vacancy rate to increase eventually stopping any new construction. That never happened, the space in the financial core has been (slowly) filled with other tenants.

Back