Toronto 155 Cumberland and 130 Bloor Street West | 88.69m | 21s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Yesterday morning, traffic on Bloor was halted between Avenue and Bay for a temporary crane to be grounded to lift furniture up to a unit in the building. I wonder how much that cost!

Traffic can be stopped for an entire city just to lift some rich person's furniture into their condo? Wow, what a world we live in.

`
155cumb1.jpg

155 cumberland is very distinctive for toronto/yorkville!... with all the little cubes, and due to the fact it was built based upon an existing building!.. who would have thought (the designers of the previous structure) that a condo would rise on top of their tower :D!

***One thing i don't like/understand is why the east facing side is so bare/no windows...

One thing i don't like/understand is why the east facing side is so bare/no windows...

Window are not allowed along property lines that are shared by other owners. What happens to the windows should the next door property rise as high or higher?

For some reason, i keep on wanting to see more of this!. i'd wish they'd made it a bit taller (if the building below could support it), it would have been cool to see more of these little boxes :D!

I've heard this is going to be re-clad which I assume refers to the office tower component.

Why bother? It practically contradicts the sleight-of-hand they performed upon the Torno penthouse. Keep the existing cladding; like so much that's Mad Men-era, it's come into its own...

As far as I've seen, they are already recladding it-- but it's just with new panels that look the same as the old ones. At least I sure hope that's what is happening because it's a handsome building.

There is a huge crane on Bloor which appears to be moving Joe Brennan's furniture, balcony to balcony, from the 15th floor (which he just sold) to the old Torno suites below. I guess some of these sofas and paintings are too big for moving elevators. The question is how it all got inside originally?

Back