Toronto 155 Cumberland and 130 Bloor Street West | 88.69m | 21s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Yes the Cumberland Terrace redevelopment will be nice. And you know that plans have got to be in the works to redevelop this mall. - It will likely be an outdoor mall with a deep moat.....thats what I am thinking anyway.

Beaumaris_Castle_and_Moat.jpg

Mongo - I - I - I love you, Mongo. But, you know, I'm taken right now, so it can't go anywhere.

You guys are hilarious. :)

I was just making the point of why destroy the lower levels of the Mall in any redevelopment. Either keep them exposed in an outdoor mall or create 2 seperate enviroments...one above ground and one below ground.

In the end it doesnt matter because this mall wont be redeveloped in our lifetimes. And if it is redeveloped, at the most they may just lay down marble flooring!!

In the end it doesnt matter because this mall wont be redeveloped in our lifetimes. And if it is redeveloped, at the most they may just lay down marble flooring!!

Don't even say that Caltrane! Don't even think that! Just don't go there! Just don't get me started, 'cause until this city has rid itself of that festering sore, Toronto is nothing more than a pretender, a poseur, an Atlanta! I know, I know, that's harsh, I'm taking a pill, I'm calming down...

There is another thread in these here woods, one that ponders deeply the meaning of this existence, one called 2 Bloor Street West. In there you'll find a real purty thing - a picture - one that dares to imagine a brighter future for you and me and our fellow Torontonians, a future where that oozing pustule of a mall has been redeveloped with shining beacons of hope and condos. Pay a visit there my friend, and dare to dream, dare to dream.

Whoa 42!!

42, you crossed a line... Toronto as Atlanta? You have won my award for worst city insult. Toronto's WAY better than Atlanta, at least from an urbanity standpoint. Torontonians also aren't as fat as residents of Atlanta ;)

Did I mention that I hate Atlanta?

Interchange, why not just tell us what you really think, and stop being so coy?

Where is that castle with the moat? It doesn't look particularly urban, but I wouldn't mind living there.

You guys are hilarious. :)

I was just making the point of why destroy the lower levels of the Mall in any redevelopment. Either keep them exposed in an outdoor mall or create 2 seperate enviroments...one above ground and one below ground.

Except that it's pretty prepped-for-demo as it now stands, and the upper level's "dead mall" par excellence...

Nevertheless, even I've given maybe the first positivish credit-due to Cumberland Terrace in recent years, when I once referred to its Disco Tex & The Sex-O-Lettes aura, or at least the pale ghost thereof...

Ah Beaumaris, the old summer cottage... how I miss it.

And just in case anyone wasn't quite sure about my Cumberland Terrace/Atlanta commentary... I hate Cumberland Terrace, and I rejoice in every rumour of its impending demise, and I don't think Toronto is an Atlanta.

SNF: what with the whole - uh, surprising - moat idea for Cumberland Terrace and Mongo's Beaumaris pics, I was still in a silly mood when I referred to it as the old cottage... I haven't been to it. I regret to say that it's been many, many years since I was last in Wales, and I think the only castle ruins I visited there were Cardiff Castle. I'll get back there someday - Wales is on the list!

Back to 155 Cumberland though - - - does anyone know - Mike in TO maybe? - how many of the suites in this building have sold? Given the very high end nature of this project and the small number of suites, a typical marketing scheme and sales centre has not been pursued. I'd love to know more about the process here. This whole project would be perfect for a tv crew to follow through its creation, starting with a history of the office building and the Torno penthouse up top.

I would like to purchase one, or a train...which I can also afford ;)

Does anyone have updated pricing for these units? My understanding is that the least expensive unit, at about 2700 square feet, would be about $3.5 million. The Torno Penthouse may ask as much as $20 million, making it the most expensive condominium unit in Canada.

I'll consider speaking to a sales rep. First I must find my monocle.

mr%20burns.jpg

if all goes well...

...I may be in a position to buy a unit here:)

I think it may be almost the perfect place (but will I smell popcorn from the theatre next door? How terribly plebian that would be!) The views south are nice and it has this sort of hidden "quiet" wealth about it that i adore. I think it make an excellent live/work space.

Which reminds me: Toronto needs massive very high end loft spaces! I don't mean just lofts downtown--how about Bloor St or even St Clair and Uptown? I'm talking about 10,000 sq ft hangers starting at $5 million!

Seriously, I have often wondered how much longer cumberland theatre will be viable--could it be redeveloped too? (My wish: an awesome enclosed "galleria" art walk between the theatre building and its neighbour on that alley between cumberland and bloor west.)

...I may be in a position to buy a unit here

sarcasm? or are you serious? if you ARE serious, what do you DO for a living? and how can I do it!?

According the blueprints submitted to the city:

Height to top of structure 290.97 feet
Height to top of mechanical 285.56 feet
Height to top of the roofline 274.56 feet

Back