Toronto 155 Cumberland and 130 Bloor Street West | 88.69m | 21s | KingSett Capital | BDP Quadrangle

Still some units left on MLS from 2 million to this one for $4,950,000 http://www.realtor.ca/propertyDetails.aspx?propertyId=8792834

General Description
7 Storeys Built Atop Existing Building At 155 Cumberland/130 Bloor W. Approx 4728 Sf Apt Plus 2169 Sf Terrace/Balcony. Floor To Ceiling Glass, Spectacular View, Private Elevator Access, Concierge, Securtiy, Valet Service, Extreme Privacy. Best Yorkville Address, Finishes By J.F Brennan, Garden Terraces By Ron Hollbrook. Private 155 Cumberland Entrance To Luxurious Lobby, Concierge, Elevators For 15 Suites. Beautiful Hermes & Gucci Storefronts On 130 Bloor W.**** EXTRAS **** Wolf 6 Gas Burner Range, 2 Ovens, Microwave, Sub Zero Fridge, Sub Zero Wine Fridge, Miele Dishwasher, Lg Washer & Dryer, Stainless Exhaust Fan, Central Vac, Security System, Central Air.

I love this development. I am all for discretion and taste when it comes to wealth. Not all rich people want to live like Donald Trump if you get my drift. There's a certain elegance to being wealthy/successful and not shouting it from the top of a 60 storey tower. (Not that I hate the Trump or anything. I'm happy it's going up, but if I were rich I'd much rather live in a place like 155 Cumberland).

I cannot believe how large that unit is though. Wow. But then there is an equally large maintenance fee to go along with it.

I'd have to agree with some of the previous comments about the finish colours of this building. The tan precast "block" with the white spandrels looks hideous and kills the look of the building in my mind! With this ultra modern cubist design I would have liked to see a metallic cladding. Something like the titanium on the AGO would have been much more appropriate... not necessarily blue, but shiny and something other than tan!

Agreed.

Looks like this unit also has huge sliding doors or are they just staggered

1551.jpg

1552.jpg

That dome is so hideous. Would a glass ceiling / skylight more suited to the design of the building not have been fine? Ugh...

I agree!... circular shapes (domes) don't go well with squares (cubes)...

Nice open concept design though for that floor!.. must be quite high ceilings! :)

wow that dome must have cost a pretty petty :eek: I wonder how much that unit is worth being on the top floor?

Likely a lot more than that. The renovated penthouse from the former office tower was being marketed at one point in the $15m range.

Hopefully the happy new owner of that suite invests in curtains, shades or sheers. I love the large skylight idea in what I presume is likely a living or "grand" room (although I thought that the full floor suites had them on the south side), but that design just doesn't work.

Back