Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

155 Consumers Road​

Project Type: Purpose-Built Residential
Storeys: 35-50
Suites: 2,083
GFA: 175,698 ft
The project consists of 4 towers ranging in height from 35-50 storeys, with 31,213 ft of commercial space and 175,698 ft of residential space.

consume.JPG

Let me bring forward the photo from Google above:

1726584885946.png

Now an aerial pic of the site:

1726584995868.png

Site Size is 15,811m2 or just shy of 1.6ha/ 4 acres

Comments, its massing, so its difficult to say much except that it looks very crowded.

But, I can say the City is unlikely to, and should not accept the on-site park, as proposed. Aside from being silly small, its located in the north-east corner of the site, which means it will be in near perpetual darkness. That's a non-starter.

Any park here would logically go on the south side of the site.

Though I would prefer the City master plan the transformation of the area, pool developer contributions and City money and buy a meaningful park for the area of 2ha/5 acres rather than a series of useless, small ones.

This is actually more central in the area than I initially thought. Maybe a block from Sheppard, with a stop right at Brian Dr. A bit of a hike to Don Mills, but at a normal walk it's still only around 15 minutes

Plus, looks to be purpose-built rental, which is great

Here's a zoomed-out satellite for some more context:
Screenshot 2024-09-17 144918.png

Looks like 5 towers, not 4.
Correct. 5 towers which can't be much more than the minimum distance apart which is really unfortunate. As much as we need more housing, nobody wants to be standing in their kitchen and it look like the unit across from you is a couple feet away.

Back