Toronto 1540 Bloor West | 91.9m | 27s | Trinity Group | IBI Group

So you are going to tell me that the crossways is getting a connection to TTC and this massive project breaking ground literally beside the platform will not?!!

Sorry…new pictures open old wounds…though I guess these renders look pretty much identical to the last round….

So you are going to tell me that the crossways is getting a connection to TTC and this massive project breaking ground literally beside the platform will not?!!

Sorry…new pictures open old wounds…though I guess these renders look pretty much identical to the last round….
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but The Crossways isn't getting a connection to the TTC. The Bloor GO/UP station is getting the connection. Crossways residents/shoppers will still have to leave the building to access the stations.

I don't see much utility for the TTC to add a connection to this building as it is:
  1. Next door, so not really improving the experience for arriving customers accessing subway
  2. Would require additional fare gates since the existing transition to fare paid area is at street level
  3. Helps no one access street level services at the station since they'd still have to change levels coming from this building.
The only thing a connection to this building would help is the developer to sell people on a weather protected connection, but they'd have to make enough from an increase in prices to justify pursuing such an amenity.

I don't see much utility for the TTC to add a connection to this building as it is:
  1. Next door, so not really improving the experience for arriving customers accessing subway
  2. Would require additional fare gates since the existing transition to fare paid area is at street level
  3. Helps no one access street level services at the station since they'd still have to change levels coming from this building.
The only thing a connection to this building would help is the developer to sell people on a weather protected connection, but they'd have to make enough from an increase in prices to justify pursuing such an amenity.
The TTC would never pay for it, it would have to be the developer, and the only reason a developer might want to spend what it would cost to connect their building would be if they had significant office space to lease, at which point it becomes a major selling point to potential lessees.

The TTC would never pay for it, it would have to be the developer, and the only reason a developer might want to spend what it would cost to connect their building would be if they had significant office space to lease, at which point it becomes a major selling point to potential lessees.

Yeah, I expected the TTC wouldn't pay for it and that it would be up to the developer to foot all costs. My thinking was that I don't see the TTC even consenting to it if the developer did initiate since I assume there would be ongoing maintenance to an additional entrance that the TTC wouldn't want to take on.

Site Plan Approval Filed:

1651053173120.png

"Improved" seems to be a relative term here from the viewer though...

I wonder what kind of retail we'll see in here. It seems to be a pretty big space, but not big grocery store big. Or maybe it will be subdivided. Maybe some kind of smaller format grocery store?

In terms of context there's the FreshCo and the Loblaws nearby. The Loblaws is already a future development site and the FreshCo site I imagine will be developed at some point in the near-ish to medium future, though both might replace the grocery store back on site in the new building, and maybe the Loblaws might stay open during staged construction a la the FreshCo at Galleria. But I think another smaller format (and maybe more specialized as well) grocery store could be sustained here even if both of those stores remain open long term, and would serve transit and pedestrians better being right at the station instead of back deep in the parking lot where the Loblaws is.

Back