Toronto St Clair Place | 150m | 44s | Wittington | Diamond Schmitt

E

Ed007Toronto

30 Alvin Ave

City sign up at the Green P lot at 30 Alvin Ave. This is the lot behind the buildings at the northeast corner of Yonge and St Clair. The Weston's property company has an application in for 39 and 32 story buildings along Alvin along with a 14 story towards Yonge. Anybody heard anything about this?

Wonder if it will connect to the existing galleria? I'd love to see the front of a new theatre built into the old Hyland spot with a marquee overlooking the street. Yonge and St Clair used to have the best theatre's in the city!

I'm always tempted to read the street name in all-caps
seville.gif

You are welcome!
I'm in that neighborhood several times a week, so as soon as something starts happening, I'll post pictures.

As a side-note: I find the shape of the lot is very odd. I kind of wish that it went all the way to the South-East corner of Yonge and Heath.

I'm totally in support of this project, however I question whether the existing road network can handle the additional cars that will be associated with this development. I'd be curious to the the traffic impact study. But since congestion will exist anyway, the project should definitely go ahead.

This will bring some very much needed life to the area. I live at Yonge and St. Clair, and my biggest complaint is that everything shuts down at 9 pm. Once the office workers go home, it become quite desolate, and there are very few amenities compared to Yonge and Eg. Hopefully there will be a pedestrian mall similar to Yonge-Eglinton centre as part of this development. The area would really benefit from a movie theatre too.

Not so very long ago, there were four movie screens in that hood. The Hollywood had two, and so did the Hyland. One was south of the Shoppers, the other was where the Delisle Club is.

I'm totally in support of this project, however I question whether the existing road network can handle the additional cars that will be associated with this development. I'd be curious to the the traffic impact study. But since congestion will exist anyway, the project should definitely go ahead.

It might overcrowd the subway and the brand-spankin' new lrt too.

In fact, 1 Bloor will probably turn Bloor-Yonge subway into a busy spot. And I'm concerned that the CBD is getting all those towers in one small, dense area with multiple transportation options. It would make much more sense to flatten out all this development over many acres of farmland and moraine further away from all the hubbub of city life.

42, who knows sarcasm seldomly works well on the web

Back