Toronto 150 Redpath Condominiums | 132.28m | 38s | Freed | a—A

ehlow

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed a new sign on the west side of redpath today. Seems like a development application for phase 2?

Does anybody know the status of phase 1?

Phase 1 is in for rezoning I believe.

Haven't heard much about Phase 2 in about a year or so - it's a aA designed building as well - a little taller than this one

So I'm not as well versed in these things but is the general consensus here that aA designs good buildings?

I do quite like their other building at Yonge and Merton.

We have 53 dataBase files for projects associated with architectsAlliance, which you can look up here.

Many Forum members will tell you aA does the best modern glass box design in the city, and love them for it. There are many others who don't like them for the same reason.

I noticed a new sign on the west side of redpath today. Seems like a development application for phase 2?

Does anybody know the status of phase 1?

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2014/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-66485.pdf

38 stories with 520 units

dyHuH5M.jpg

zjAsG0s.jpg

This area to the North East of Yonge & Eg is filled with "commie slabs" from the 50's to 70's and some earlier 1900's walk-up apartments, and actually doesn't have many contemporary glass condos. Having some newer glass condos in the neighbourhood would probably enhance the look of the neighbourhood overall.

The Republic is one of the few examples and it looks great.

A public meeting for this development proposal will be held on Thursday, February 5, 2015 in the Gwen Liu Meeting Room at Northern District Library (40 Orchard View Blvd)

A slightly taller blue version of it's brother/sister across the street

mOQrAQo.jpg

Just came from the VIP showing. Mainly 1Bd + den options. Good pricing and good location with a planned 24hr diner. Plus the madison condo on eglinton and lilian will have Loblaw.

This place will sell out.

The render doesn't include the house on the SW corner of Redpath and Roehampton. Is the developer still hoping to buy it out?

My understanding is that - Yes - Freed Developments (et al) were finally able to purchase the corner lot.

Back