Toronto 1450 Don Mills | 6.2m | 1s | Bluebird Self Storage | Romanese Architect Inc

artyboy123

Member Bio
Reaction score
Taken from the DevApp:

" Site Plan Amendment application proposing five new one-storey self-storage buildings in addition to the existing three storey self storage building on site. A previous Site Plan Amendment application was finalized in August 2019, file: 18 211847 NNY 34 SA."

DevApp Link: http://app.toronto.ca/AIC/index.do?folderRsn=Vyz1ceF3K6vpG/THGOJf8Q==

Some Photo was taken from the architectural plan:

PLN - Architectural Plans - APR 8  2021-1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, just what Toronto needs: more single-storey self-storage buildings. I understand that you're not going to be able to get any apartments or storefronts on a site like this, but are the logistics for second-storey units that bad?

Oh, just what Toronto needs: more single-storey self-storage buildings. I understand that you're not going to be able to get any apartments or storefronts on a site like this, but are the logistics for second-storey units that bad?
Exactly, why in the world would they be squandering the redevelopment potential here? Totally bizarre proposal.

Not exactly the highest and best use...but I guess the residents in the surrounding neighbourhood love their stuff! I guess self-storage does serve its purpose!

Dymon should just go and acquire Bluebird. As far as i'm concerned, they are the only firm that knows how to design functional and useful self-storage space in the city. From both a land usage perspective, and actual self-storage purposes.

This is such an immense waste of space as currently proposed.

Back