• upload_2017-6-29_12-39-1.png
    upload_2017-6-29_12-39-1.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 933
  • upload_2017-6-29_12-40-1.png
    upload_2017-6-29_12-40-1.png
    951.8 KB · Views: 917
Approved with changes.
See: http://app.toronto.ca/tmmis/viewAgendaItemHistory.do?item=2017.CC29.9
One of the attachments contains some new renderings. It kind of reminds me of the Brazil towers.

From that report:

On April 3, 2016, a second Pre-Hearing Conference was held during which the parameters of the OMB hearing were discussed. Midtown-Yonge Properties L.P., owner of the land to the north of the Terracap lands at 1 St. Clair Avenue East, brought a Motion for Direction seeking an order from the OMB to add an issue to the hearing. The OMB dismissed the Motion.

Midtown-Yonge Properties L.P. aka Slate. I presume this related to their potential to develop higher. Where does this leave their OPA?

their OPA was filed directly in relation with their attempt to add an issue to this plan. I imagine the OPA is now DOA if this has reached settlement without their input.

We'll see how this winds up being executed, and I think the podium needs work, but I'm surprised folks aren't a little more jazzed about this; I think it's beautiful. Will make a nice neighbour for whatever we get from Studio Gang up the street.

Last edited:
We'll see how this winds up being executed, and I think the podium needs work but I'm surprised folks aren't a little more jazzed about this; I think it's beautiful. Will make a nice neighbour for whatever we get from Studio Gang up the street.

I guess I'm trying not to get too excited about something that looks to be more brainstorm than blueprint. (and as you imply, it's really all going to come down to the execution). Still, having had a few hours to digest, I find I'm already looking forward to the Squiggle as an addition to the neighbourhood.
Also, from the perspective of my apartment window, this will sit right next to the Phlegm. Assuming they go forward with this and do a good job, it looks like it might make a good visual companion to the mural.

The podium is an afterthought. I'm not sure what's going on with the penthouse levels. I hope it's just the artistic impression. It's curvy so I guess that's enough for it to be awesome? is an improvement over the former design. Edit** It has curvy, cantilevered floor slabs.

Back