Member Bio
Reaction score
Sumpthin's up:

1408YongeGSV.jpg

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Nothing substantial at the time, but back in January 2020 there were some planning discussions on the City of Toronto site regarding the properties of 1406-1428 Yonge Street.

Mentioned in the communications documents attached for Calpor Holdings Inc.

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
They've been trying to punt this thing for years now. Anyone with any sanity hasn't bitten due to the proximity to the condo to the north.

Reactions: neo

neo

Member Bio
Reaction score
They've been trying to punt this thing for years now. Anyone with any sanity hasn't bitten due to the proximity to the condo to the north.
And -- the laneway in the middle of the site frontage is owned by the Catholic Church and serves the cemetery to the west of the properties. That is a complication and $$$.

Totally agree -- weird site, has been bouncing around for sale for years, and most people have been unable to see a viable redevelopment concept.

There will be rental replacement. About 10-12 units if I recall correctly.

GenerationLee

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not very enthusiastic about this proposal...but I mean, with some revisions I can let it pass. It is aggressive.....that's for sure. Frankly, losing a Home Hardware in the area will be inconvenient, but hopefully they find a location nearby to move to.