Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
construct 7 condo buildings with retail uses at grade
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Rezoning 16 109705 ESC 37 OZ Jan 28, 2016 Under Review

This would be right beside the Lawrence SRT station / Smart Track station.

Good planning @insertrealname.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at Monday Mar 21, 2016 12.23.07 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at Monday Mar 21, 2016 12.23.26 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at Monday Mar 21, 2016 12.23.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at Monday Mar 21, 2016 12.23.07 PM.png
    406.9 KB · Views: 1,798
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at Monday Mar 21, 2016 12.23.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at Monday Mar 21, 2016 12.23.26 PM.png
    366.9 KB · Views: 1,723
A GO RER/SmartTrack station is assumed to be replacing the SRT station, so whatever happens, this location won't end up without rapid transit access, and might have far faster access to downtown than it does now.

I've changed the thread title to be the same address that Toronto's Planning Department refers to the development by in the Application Information Centre. Supporting Docs there show that Quadrangle is the architect. Arsandco Investments is the proponent. Arsandco, I believe, owns surrounding rental buildings, and was the owner of the Primrose Hotel until Knightstone bought it and turned it into a student rental residence.

nice to see these leftovers from the first condo bust filled in.

I've changed the thread title to be the same address that Toronto's Planning Department refers to the development by in the Application Information Centre. Supporting Docs there show that Quadrangle is the architect. Arsandco Investments is the proponent. Arsandco, I believe, owns surrounding rental buildings, and was the owner of the Primrose Hotel until Knightstone bought it and turned it into a student rental residence.

100, 101 and 301 are the only 3 buildings on this street and none of them are rentals. We are all condos, owned by people not corporations. Does anyone have any info of weather these buildings will be rentals or condos ?

Perhaps that's because that information is unknown at this point. You could also dig into the submission yourself to see what you can find.

I like this. Not so much the design but the idea of intensifying development in our suburbs. I believe it will be imperative to increase density in Scarborough as well as Etobicoke to accommodate the population increase in the GTA. Hopefully the living prices in these suburbs stay affordable.

I've just checked out the area via Google Streetview. In general, the condo grounds all look reasonably well kept, but the buildings need some updates. The concrete balcony sides might last forever, but combined with the small windows, they give the buildings a fortress like look. Whether the new buildings here are condos or rentals (and with so many of them, there could easily be a mix, and it'll probably take many years for them to all be built), at the end, you'll likely find the value of your properties have improved because you'll have a revitalized neighbourhood generally, with retail you can walk to. Any new condos, BTW, come with a substantial percentage of renters as many suites are bought as income units by investors.

Back