androiduk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M4T 2P7

Ward 22: St. Paul's

Application#: 14 204362 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Aug 11, 2014

Project: House New Building

Description: Proposal to construct a 2 storey commericial building, the existing building will be demolished

Capture1365.JPG

Attachments

• Capture1365.JPG
    Capture1365.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 4,919
That makes absolutely no sense. If you're going to demolish this, then go mid-rise. The extant building is hardly a gem and not worth preserving, but it is a waste from an embodied-energy standpoint to tear it down they're not going to up the density a little in the process.

However, I've always really loved that "Rosehill" script sign and I'll miss it.

1365 YONGE ST
Ward 22 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Official Plan and Zoning By-law Amendments to facilitate redevelopment of the site for a new 17-storey retirement home containing 310 units for semi-independent living and memory-care residents (21,321.5 sq. m. residential gross floor area). In addition, 621.2 sm of at-grade retail space is proposed.

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:

Type Number Date Submitted Status
OPA & Rezoning 18 151554 STE 22 OZ May 1, 2018 Under Review

At first glance, not a bad proposal for the location.

It looks like there will be a net loss of ground level retail. Between this and the proposed tower a block north, I'm worried we're going to lose a bit of dynamism on that stretch of Yonge. (I'll particularly miss the two grocers if we're losing those.)

Also, look for the school next door (on Rosehill) to pitch a fit about loss of sun to its rooftop recess space.

I like it minus the Imperial Plaza-like spandrel hat. It sort of evokes the style of those turn of the century 10-15 storey office towers downtown. They are prevalent in Toronto, although Chicago has a ton more I think. Not sure what that style would be called...

I can't believe it we got a building with brown tone colours on the facade ! I'm impressed !

Back