Toronto 1354 Queen Street West | 44.58m | 11s | KingSett Capital | Giannone Petricone

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

Pre-application Meeting – 1360 Queen St W

Kingsett Capital, the developer of 1360 Queen St West, the N/W corner of Queen and Brock, will be holding a virtual pre-application meeting to discuss their proposed plans for this site.

The proposal includes a 9-storey terraced mixed-use development containing 117 units with ground floor commercial uses and a community hub space.

The Virtual Community Consultation meeting will take place on

Thursday September 17th, from 6:30 – 8 PM .

Meeting Link (Webex Events): https://bit.ly/3bIaqyQ

Councillor Perks and City Planner Patrick Miller will be in attendance.

If you are unable to attend the meeting and are interested in providing comment and/or receiving more detailed information on this application as it becomes available please contact Councillor Perks’ Office at councillor_perks@toronto.ca .

1599922411630.png

1599922434493.png

1599922738956.png

Those are potentially nice facades with proper restoration.

I would like to see those retained.

Don't know if there's anything interior worth retaining or not.

Neither building is listed or designated under the Heritage Register.

This strip is under study as a possible Heritage Conservation District but nothing has been passed as yet.

If the black paint was removed, the NW corner building should look comparable to the NE corner where Duggan's Brewery is located.

I think the bare minimum should be at least retaining the facades of the Queen frontage. This property seems to have sat vacant since 2018 when Designer Fabrics closed down. There was also work done along Brock to add on some retail/gallery space but that looks to have sat vacant too throughout this time.

1599923475238.png

Ha! I knew as soon as the fabric shop closed that there'd be a condo in the offing. Good location. Would really like to see the historic facades renovated and preserved, at least. I'm sure local Parkdale residents will scream bloody murder yet again over increasing gentrification.

Supporting docs are up. Architect is Giannone Petricone, the corner building is not being maintained.

View attachment 274817
View attachment 274818
View attachment 274819

You know, I don't mind it; but I'd be curious to know the rational for not retaining and restoring the corner facade.

I actually think the massing here makes a lot of sense; and the modern podium looks like a decent fit.

But a continuous sense of history wouldn't be a bad thing either; with the modern above.

I think the issue might be that the black building at some point was covered in stucco, and depending on the method used at the time it might be impossible to remove it while keeping the integrity of the masonry underneath in tact.

You know, I don't mind it; but I'd be curious to know the rational for not retaining and restoring the corner facade.

I actually think the massing here makes a lot of sense; and the modern podium looks like a decent fit.

But a continuous sense of history wouldn't be a bad thing either; with the modern above.

Agreed.

This needs to be retained and restored.

Back