Toronto 134 Parliament | 145.8m | 44s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

bilked

Member Bio
Reaction score
Forli Motors site sold.

848616D2-4159-4725-8ECD-C4DAD91450D5.jpeg

I always hoped that would become a cool restaurant/bar with a massive outdoor patio where the parking lot is... like a Bellwoods brewery for the east side. This being Toronto, it is probably going to be another blocky mid-rise... so hopefully Lamb will propose something cool to offset the beast going up across the street.

Wow I thought that garage would be there forever! Lower Parliament seems to be the next big thing!

Interesting to see this as another site for Lamb. The area is quickly becoming Lambville East, with all these projects in the pipeline including East 55, the larger project north of it, "The Queen", and Bauhaus relaunching.

At 660~ square meters, I don't think this is big enough to develop on its own. Has Lamb assembled any of the neighbouring buildings?

The row of singe family homes to the south look 'buyable'

Necessarily so, I would say.

They would really be stranded btw a new condo on the garage site and the condo to the south.

The site is roughly 28m x 30m, it could be built on, but its very tight.

This is particularly true, because the sidewalks here are narrow and the City would insist on widening, probably by at least 2M too.

The site needs the one building to the west on Richmond too.

If you add the houses and the Richmond property, you're looking at close to 14,000ft 2 which is a good sized site.

It can also withstand some nipping for wide sidewalks at that point.

I like to see development, but I have to wonder if there’s a saturation point for condos.
Why would there be?

More immigrants come to Toronto each year than the supply of new housing of all types, and that is not even considering the considerably high domestic demand. People have got to live somewhere.

Sites like this will add considerable pockets of new housing stock in a well serviced location near major employment.

Back