Toronto 134 Parliament | 145.8m | 44s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

I was under the assumption architecture as of recent has become way oversaturated. At least at the junior level anecdotally.
From personal experience I would agree the very Junior level is quite saturated (less than two years experience). However, it seems that all the firms are hiring people that are somewhat experienced in the field, and everyone is seemingly too busy. I assume the oversaturation in the new graduate area is more a result of people being too busy to take on people that don't have work experience and would need significant mentoring experience.

To the building I have to say this has to be one of Lamb's better proposals? Like the blank glass box aside (hopefully this gets a little more refinement but who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ), the units albeit small don't really have any of his normal super deep, or ridiculous layouts that I have come to expect from him. Levels 2-7 have a 77.6m2 (835sq ft) 3 bedroom which is possible, but thats going to be pretty tight so I'm curious to see that. Im also curious on the lower levels they have these small vertical slit windows for most of the wall (presumably because of the proximity to the property lines), so looking forward to that.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 12.39.26 PM.png

On a complete aside, evidence that this was an absolute rush job, on all the architectural drawings the North Arrow is not actually pointing North........

Last edited:
I think that there are balconies above the podium on the lower half of the tower.

This is bumped to 46s through the SPA process.

(I believe the zoning is still pending at the OLT, but this move sounds like it has City support)

From the Cover Letter:

1698019140289.png

SPA Link:

@Art Tsai It's all @MessiGoat 's fault that you have even more work to do.... LOL

Last edited:
Most people don't. A rooftop amenity terrace with bbq's, seating, and (if you're lucky) a hot tub beats having a balcony any day.

Hard to grow tomatoes and basil and peppers and chives, and lettuce that way......

Also lacks private outdoor dining.

aA doesn’t even try anymore. They literally copy and paste, recycle every single condo they do it’s all the same design, cladding etc. how many more aA glass boxes can Toronto handle?
It doesn't help that Brad likes 'em boring. /sigh

Soooo.....

1) The SPA was refused.

2) This one is still at the OLT. No Merit Hearing has been scheduled, Two CMC's (Case Management Conferences) have been adjourned. The next one is scheduled for March 27th, 2024.

This is coming back to Council next week and the site has expanded to include the two small houses on Parliament St. (#126 and 128)

1712927759747.png

On March 29, 2023, the Owner indicated that they intended to expand the application area and on June 22, 2023 paid the necessary fees incorporating 126-128 Parliament Street and a portion of Worts Lane into the application (the "Expanded Site").

A series of further Case Management Conferences were adjourned on consent to permit continued discussion between the City and the Owner regarding the Expanded Site. A further Case Management Conference is expected to be set down shortly.

The City Solicitor requires further direction in the Ontario Land Tribunal proceeding.

1712928011699.png

Back