Toronto Groove Urban Condominiums | 46.29m | 15s | Block | RAW Design

AlbertC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

133 VAUGHAN RD
Ward 12 - Tor & E.York District

All properties: 129, 133, 135, 139 and 141 Vaughan Rd

Site Plan Approval application for a proposed 10-storey apartment building having a height of 31.1 metres inclusive of the mechanical penthouse. The proposal will include 9602 square metres of residential floor area comprised of 134 dwelling units, and two and a half levels of below grade parking containing 64 parking spaces.

Would have been nice for this to include some retail at ground level.

The recently completed Oben Flats building also missed on that as well. Shame because there's decent mid-rise density in the area. The stretch closer to St. Clair also has a steady enough pedestrian traffic flow.

The recently completed Oben Flats building also missed on that as well. Shame because there's decent mid-rise density in the area. The stretch closer to St. Clair also has a steady enough pedestrian traffic flow.
It is unfortunate.

It would be great if the Little Free Library in front of one of the properties were retained or expanded.

I know they're planning another building on the same street, west side and a bit north. I wonder if it'll be the same height.

10 storeys seems to be the precedent established by the Oben Flats project that was completed a few years ago. I'm also curious about the building where Dutch Dreams was originally located at. The retail unit appears to have been left vacant for a while now and from what I recall there's a for sale sign on the property.

Sweet! 6+ materials and no cohesive design idea. Awesome!
I get where you're coming from, but I think the brick component threading its way up has the potential to be the cohesive design idea, provided the other materials choices are winnowed down and their use simplified, allowing this element to stand out.

Back