Toronto 1319 Bloor West | 105.3m | 31s | KingSett Capital | Hariri Pontarini

smably

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Value Village site at Bloor and St Helens has been sold for $80 million (!). Must be some major density being planned here given the price.

Maybe this development will get the Bloor/Lansdowne GO station built.

Screen Shot 2020-01-07 at 10.35.51 PM.jpg

They've fenced off a section of the parking lot along Bloor West. Not much details but looks like there may have been sampling and prospecting work done.

It's good to see plans starting to materialize for this site. Great spot for intensification, and awakening what's been a sleepy part of Bloor.

20191222_095435.jpg

Potentially a very good location for density if/when the Bloor/Lansdowne GO station gets built. As it is, it's a nice short walk to the subway, so it's good to see it get redeveloped.

They've fenced off a section of the parking lot along Bloor West. Not much details but looks like there may have been sampling and prospecting work done.

It's good to see plans starting to materialize for this site. Great spot for intensification, and awakening what's been a sleepy part of Bloor.

View attachment 224411
The fenced off section is a staging area for the Davenport Diamond project.

This was inevitable I suppose, but good location for intensification. Always thought this stretch of Bloor was in need of some revitalization, that was never aided by the parking lot frontage of the Value Village.

I hope the north side of Bloor near here is developed sometime too, with a new public street connecting to Wade Avenue further north.

From my understanding, the property directory on the north side of Bloor across from Value Village, is the SPAR-Marathon roofing supplies facility. They have warehouse and storage as well on the rear which reaches Wade Ave.

There's also a parking lot a few storefronts east of it, beside "The Bee Shop" that looks suitable for development. I wouldn't mind seeing the "Club Paradise" gentlemen's club go either on the south side.

Haha i hear having a licence to operate a burlesque venue in Toronto nowadays is worth 3-4 million bucks

The former "House of Lancaster" on the Queensway is getting redeveloped for condos, and this on Bloor is a much more lucrative location. Especially if they combine with the church property beside it. Whether or not it happens, we'll let the parties involved decide. But this redevelopment of the Value Village lands should act as a catalyst for all the other neighbouring properties on Bloor leading east to Lansdowne in the future.

I hope the developer doesn't use BeBloor at 1369 Bloor Street West as a precedent for the architecture. It was among the worst of its generation for condo architecture--an uninspired contemporary slab tower of awkward proportions, poor street presence, and an inexplicably Victorian colour palette.

Another thing to note about this site: Looks like the westernmost part of the property / parking lot encroaches well into the rail corridor. I expect Metrolinx will be taking that back, especially if the Bloor-Lansdowne station happens.

We've just received a note from Value Village, concerned that people believe that the store is closing, even though no such thing has been said in the thread at this point. Just relaying the info that they are continuing to operate here as per usual for the foreseeable future…

Back