IMG_5334.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 685
  • IMG_5335.JPG
    IMG_5335.JPG
    1,014.9 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_5336.JPG
    IMG_5336.JPG
    851.6 KB · Views: 603
I'm gonna miss this little oddball. (The Hakim building, not the schlocky home to the south.)

...especially given that it's being replaced by a simulacrum of the other two new buildings across the street from it.

...especially given that it's being replaced by a simulacrum of the other two new buildings across the street from it.

I see this as a positive. These buildings are a bit gaudy but have been reasonably well executed, are different for Toronto, and clustered together might create something of an identity for this little stretch.

I see this as a positive. These buildings are a bit gaudy but have been reasonably well executed, are different for Toronto, and clustered together might create something of an identity for this little stretch.

I'd agree with that if there was even a little bit of variance between the design of each of them; I just find them too repetitive of each other.

I'd agree with that if there was even a little bit of variance between the design of each of them; I just find them too repetitive of each other.

Fair enough. I do agree it's a shame to see the Hakim building go. Cute and of its time. But not sad to see the Hakim name go with it. Guy seems like a piece of work!

I don't think the developer is in any hurry to get this demolished, maybe he's tied up with "The One". demo is painfully slow, couple hours a day and it's been on going for well over a month, since mid May actually.

How are 36 Hazelton, etc. different for Toronto? It's a common style among the more upper middle class neighbourhoods, no?

Back