Toronto 126 Avenue | 40.07m | 11s | Taheri | Icon

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
1654451617446.jpg

PE, I assume you mean the address (for the thread title) to be 126-130? (128/130) are the same building, the proposal reflects that in the render above.

Also, does that include any addresses on Bernard? Because it appears deeper than just the Avenue addresses to me?

I'd reckon this is still pretty early on, so the design may gradually change. But overall this is good level density for sites like this along these parts of Avenue Road.

I do hope that the businesses along the flower shop row here will be able to find new spaces elsewhere when the time comes though.

It sometimes amazes me how far the heritage protection pendulum has swung in recent years. We've gone from the early 1970s, when the 'Temple Building' and the 'Toronto Star Building' were unceremoniously demolished, to the present, where relatively non-descript, lowrise commercial structures less than a century old like these are rightfully being recognized for their heritage/streetscape value and 'saved'. It's almost enough to make me optimistic for the future!

Please stop heritage protection. Those buildings are extremely ugly. I can't find anything appealing about those old buildings
Beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Frankly, I don't find them terribly attractive either but they do reflect a period in Avenue Road's evolution, and if they can be preserved whole or in part, then I'm all for it!

Back