Toronto 123 Portland | 49.3m | 14s | Minto Group | Sweeny &Co

That precast definitely gets a passing grade for keeping a render promise. Here's hoping those bronzey window frames are still on order.
Perhaps a passing grade but the vertical panels could've been more brown to create a contrast with the horizontal white lines (not sure what to call them).

58513961-EB27-4F91-A8E6-94161755E16D.jpeg
2111B61D-DFF1-4241-9160-446205867EFF.jpeg
A2613529-5C12-479A-AFD2-3B9A9DF4852E.jpeg

Perhaps a passing grade but the vertical panels could've been more brown to create a contrast with the horizontal white lines (not sure what to call them).
One of those vertical panels (west wall of the building, first floor above grade, 2nd panel to the left/north from the external elevator) is actually a different darker brown color. Not sure if they painted it, or if they plan to paint the other ones. Maybe they just painted the one to figure out how the contrast is working (it's subtle right now but a nice earthy shade of brown)....you can see it more in person

Beautiful love the look!
This area is a gem for great architecture
So much better than the decrepit paint store that was there before

That's an interesting choice of textured prefab there for what I had poorly presumed would be just a boring grey box.

I like the texture but can't help being disappointed that it looks more grey than beige / limestone (the way it was depicted in the renders). The warmth is lost and it looks all the more brutalist for it.

It does have more of a sandy colour in real life - i just hope they commit to the deep copper / bronze colour accents shown in the renders.

Back