Toronto 123 Portland | 49.3m | 14s | Minto Group | Sweeny &Co

February 24, 2020.
Photo: Nick Kozak.

nk-urbantoronto-9192.jpg

A rich box style looking building on the outside. But I'm amazed how rich looking the rooms are on the inside. As seen from the photos and portfolio up above !

I'm guessing they dont have the permits to build or dig and thats why can't do anything during the lockdown COVID times...

Minto only had a permit to demolish the previous buildings on site. They likely haven't even reached sales targets to move forward anyways.

Probably doesn’t help that the biggest unit in the building is like 900 square feet. With short term rentals on the decline, a lot of these will be bought by investors for rentals. The unit layouts just don’t seem like end user units to me.

Probably doesn’t help that the biggest unit in the building is like 900 square feet. With short term rentals on the decline, a lot of these will be bought by investors for rentals. The unit layouts just don’t seem like end user units to me.

Could say that about most of the condos being built. Unit sizes are tiny. But I think there's still a demand. People aren't getting married these days. A lot of singles out there that can only afford (or want) a 650 sqft 1 bed.

Shoring equipment, including steel piles, now on site.

And to respond to kingpinbreezy's question - yes Minto normally undertakes the General Contractor role for their developments. My understanding (a while ago) from some of the Minto staff working on the Westside project that Minto was going to GC the Portland project as well.

20200706_171105.jpg

20200706_171202.jpg

Back