Toronto 12 Ossington | 19.81m | 4s | Hullmark | Hariri Pontarini

ADRM

Member Bio
Reaction score
Neat little one here: 4 storey commercial-retail. Tidy design, lovely arches.

upload_2018-3-28_14-30-56.png

upload_2018-3-28_14-32-36.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-28_14-30-56.png
    upload_2018-3-28_14-30-56.png
    296.7 KB · Views: 5,573
  • upload_2018-3-28_14-32-36.png
    upload_2018-3-28_14-32-36.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 4,319
Why mess with and offset the original windows? They are gracefully articulated with their beveled edges. I’m fine with the alterations at ground level, but would rather the top portion of the building be left alone; though the offsetting of the symmetry is in response to the ground floor window arrangement. I’d prefer to preserve the top half of the building and shift the ground windows to the right so that everything is in neat proportion.

Last edited:
I really dislike the fenestration, both at grade and on the second floor. It is out of scale to the building and has a bad rhythm. Disappointing first glance.

Where are these drawings from? I can't see this in the AIC. Would be site plan only, I'd think?

I really dislike the fenestration, both at grade and on the second floor. It is out of scale to the building and has a bad rhythm. Disappointing first glance.

Where are these drawings from? I can't see this in the AIC. Would be site plan only, I'd think?

Yup, CoA toggle on AIC.

Yup, CoA toggle on AIC.

Duh. Thanks. The original window pattern of the heritage building seems symmetrical and centred, at least to my eye. I wonder why the front facade has been staggered in the proposal. Not a fan.

It is also bizarre that out of the five windows on the upper floor on the north side of the heritage building, there are four, different window types. Too much is going on there and it looks really unbalanced compared with the rest of the building’s (extant and new) profile.

12 OSSINGTON AVE
Ward 19 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

Site Plan Control application to permit the construction of a new 4-storey office/retail building (1653.0 sq. m.)

Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---

Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 18 149402 STE 19 SA Apr 26, 2018 Application Received

Attractive materials. The corners and window pattern are still weird and not looking good. I don't even understand what they're trying to do with that design

I don't even understand what they're trying to do with that design

Neither do I, but I'm glad they're going for it. The current boom has really suffered for lack of whimsy. What better opportunity than a low-rise at Queen/Ossington to get a little weird.

Neither do I, but I'm glad they're going for it. The current boom has really suffered for lack of whimsy. What better opportunity than a low-rise at Queen/Ossington to get a little weird.

Fair enough. Especially in Lo-Hi buildings like this. Curious to see how this actually ends up. Maybe there's something about the design that's hard to "get" from elevations.

Back