Toronto 1181 Sheppard Avenue East | 126.85m | 38s | Concord Adex | DIALOG

Any idea what they're long term plans are ?

Staying put. A Canadian Tire museum is going in on the second floor of 2180 and they are putting money into making the space work.

Staying put. A Canadian Tire museum is going in on the second floor of 2180 and they are putting money into making the space work.

Great !

I heard rumors that facebook or the like were looking at space around Yonge and Eglinton ... not sure if there's any truth in it ... the rumor was from Chris Fyvie ... a commerical real-estate agent.

Does anyone have any pictures of the Sheppard/Leslie site before Canadian Tire's retail operations centre was sold to Concord and demolished? I've tried searching for some, but found absolutely nothing!

In a related note to this thread, Canadian Tire has signed a 5 year lease at Yonge and Eglinton. They are staying put.

It is possible that I may have some somewhere in my off line photo CD pile. it will be one of winter month project that need doing and putting them back online.

I would imagine that not too many potential office clients would want to locate this far from downtown these days. The suburban office market is dead as a dodo.

I would imagine that not too many potential office clients would want to locate this far from downtown these days. The suburban office market is dead as a dodo.

You probably meant to say the Toronto suburban market (416 proper) is dead as a dodo. As that's definitely not the case for all of the GTA.

As a former CTC employee I can tell you they always intended to keep Head Office at Yonge and Eglinton. One of the key reasons at the time was the proximity to the subway. i can only imagine that the addition of the Eglinton LRT only further cemented that decision. the Owners of the property had promised to build CTC their own head office building one day on that corner - My guess is that this will be a big part of the plans for redeveloping the site at Yonge and Eglinton

As a former CTC employee I can tell you they always intended to keep Head Office at Yonge and Eglinton. One of the key reasons at the time was the proximity to the subway. i can only imagine that the addition of the Eglinton LRT only further cemented that decision. the Owners of the property had promised to build CTC their own head office building one day on that corner - My guess is that this will be a big part of the plans for redeveloping the site at Yonge and Eglinton
If I am not mistaken, CTC is a partial owner with Oxford in Canada Square. If true, buying them out of their position only got more and more expensive over the years.

1181 SHEPPARD AVE E
Ward 17 - North York District

Zoning By Law and Official Plan Amendment Application to permit a mixed use development containing 36,085 square metres of office space, 4,996 square metres of retail space, a 740 square metre day nursery, and 513 residential units. The office component is located in a 22 storey building, and the residential component is located in a 25 storey building, with the mixed use podium located at its base.

Proposed Use ---​
# of Storeys ---​
# of Units ---​
Type​
Number​
Date Submitted​
Status​
Applications:
OPA & Rezoning​
19 264391 NNY 17 OZ​
Dec 23, 2019​
Under Review​

Architect is DIALOG. This proposal includes an underground pedestrian connection to Leslie station:
1577206116006.png

1577206148294.png

1577206168036.png

1577206182663.png

1577206202160.png

1577206217755.png

1577206234082.png

So they are committed to building office here anyway

This site is owned by Concord-Adex and is part of their Park Place masterplan of 20+ towers - the office space being built proposed here is part of previous agreement with City. Concord-Adex Park Place masterplan also promised:
- Community Centre with library (under construction now using section 37 community benefit funds)
- Elementary School - site towards highway south of community centre - but school board was supposed to buy land from developer???
- Supermarket - seems to be at this site! Concourse3 level (Sheppard frontage) has Retail (labelled Bank) at 3,774 ft2 with Supermarket at 6468 ft2 plus another 23,840 ft2 on floor above for 30,308 ft2 total Supermarket space - which tends to be on smaller size for supermarket (like a Sobeys - most Supermarket is closer to 50,000 ft2, nearby Bayview Village Loblaw's is around 80,000 ft2!)

All or most of these Concord-Adex Park Place land was formerly owned by Canadian Tire (they had a distribution warehouse here decades ago with older CanadianTire store). Since CanadianTire isn't the owner nor developer and no longer plans on being tenant in this office space - it's would probably be a good idea for @mods to change title heading here

Back