Toronto 1181 Sheppard Avenue East | 126.85m | 38s | Concord Adex | DIALOG

Interesting. A new office building for the Sheppard line. And the north elevation looks a little like their current HQ at Yonge and Eglinton. The report indicates Leslie Station was built with a connection in mind to this location which is good planning. Maybe Leslie Station will actually start to see some walk in traffic and another reason to extend the Sheppard line.

Getting within 2 meters of the ROW will have an impact on the workers once the rail express service starts on this line over the next 15 years.

At the same time, is the ROW wide enough for 3 tracks? If not, then the building will have to move back as well go up. A higher building is fine regardless.

It'll be sad to have them leave their Eglinton location but I think this is a good move.

Anyone know if they currently occupy the entire building at eglinton?

I can understand why CT would want to move to Sheppard & Leslie, with a store at Provost, but realistically I don't see how it will add any walkability in the area. The entrance on Sheppard is on the middle of a treacherous uphill slope and next to a railway bridge.

I'm pleased to see Canadian Tire staying in Toronto and not building its new HQ somewhere in the 905. The glass on this one will make a big difference - if done well, it has the potential to be quite an attractive addition to the area.

The added density will certainly complement those being built in Concord Park Place quite well ~

I can understand why CT would want to move to Sheppard & Leslie, with a store at Provost, but realistically I don't see how it will add any walkability in the area. The entrance on Sheppard is on the middle of a treacherous uphill slope and next to a railway bridge.

That's why the main entrance will be off of Shiner Court.

It's always nice to see an 18 storey office tower go up, but this'll leave a big chunk of Yonge & Eglinton office space vacant...I hope it can be quickly re-occupied.

I guess Leslie station will now have 4 street exits...three cheers for overbuilding!

I'm pleased to see Canadian Tire staying in Toronto and not building its new HQ somewhere in the 905.

I absolutely agree. We've seen far too many corporations move to the 905 and it's good to see that, despite their big-box formula, CT is somewhat committed to urbanity. I am also pleased that this will add some jobs to the Sheppard Line mix, which was looking like it would be all residential (at least the new construction).

I-42 ... I guess it may appropriate to reflect in the thread name that this site is within the "Concord Park Place" block / neighbourhood ? :)

haha no I doubt it! That's important office space in the midtown market.

I'm sure the space will get filled it's just a matter of time and that might actually be a while with the current market conditions. I'm just curious how much of the buildings at Yonge and Eglinton they occupy.

btw it states this will consolidate their offices throughout the ENTIRE GTA so I'm surprised it's not a little bit taller.

^a better question might be ...

... does a 600,000 sq.ft building need 1100 parking spaces regardless of the fact it is literally beside a TTC/GO connection?

Back