IMG_4391.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4390.JPG
    IMG_4390.JPG
    437.2 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG_4391.JPG
    IMG_4391.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 1,140
Kinda hate the scale of the height chop here, and don't feel like the revised colour scheme fits as well with its neighbours to the east and north as did the colour of the previous design.

Ugh? i believe it's still 16 storeys somewhere back there

Right you are; I was basing my height observation on the new rendering alone, but the updated docs on the AIC illustrate that it is now planned at 15 storeys (plus mech).

The significant stepbacking is going to make for quite the terraces:

upload_2017-12-18_10-16-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-12-18_10-16-16.png
    upload_2017-12-18_10-16-16.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 932
Ugh I enjoyed the front of the original podium design. I found that it really integrated well with the surrounding buildings, including the Gladstone Hotel, especially with the red brick. The current iteration of this podium is just off.

Ugh I enjoyed the front of the original podium design. I found that it really integrated well with the surrounding buildings, including the Gladstone Hotel, especially with the red brick. The current iteration of this podium is just off.

Disagree. Anything this project can do to separate itself visually from the Bo embassy is a good thing. And it's fairly solid and bricky after all.

IMO that's enough to fit in. Being contextually sensitive is not about matching the environment but rather taking cues from it and adapting... something that I think this design does fairly well.

As with most developments it does suffer from the pervasive all-glass-at-grade syndrome.. something that will hopefully change in the next version.

There are a pile of new renderings now added to the database fail, linked at the top of the page. Check 'em out!

Back