Toronto 115 Larchmount | 21.94m | 6s | Hullmark | superkül

Patel Gallery currently on site has exhibitions taking place here until at least June 2020 according to their calendar.

A year and a half in rezoning, way too slow for this kind of proposal.
No question. So let's staff up the Planning Department. Not accusing @Kenojuak of this, but it always strikes me as odd that the same 'free-market-urbanism, YIMBY'-types who complain about long approval times are often the same ones who want to further reduce the size of our 'inefficient' government.

Pick a lane folks.

No question. So let's staff up the Planning Department. Not accusing @Kenojuak of this, but it always strikes me as odd that the same 'free-market-urbanism, YIMBY'-types who complain about long approval times are often the same ones who want to further reduce the size of our 'inefficient' government.

Pick a lane folks.
I am personally 100% in favour of a huge staff increase at planning and have often advocated for this. I think most people who actually work in development approvals, including developers, lawyers, planners, etc. would agree. It is ironically the right wingers on Council who resist this because they do not actually work in the real world and are just ideological.

There is a projected DECREASE in planning staff over the next two years.

1583529789624.png

Absolutely ridiculous.

Source: https://www.toronto.ca/city-government/budget-finances/city-budget/notes-reports-and-presentations/

Edit: here are a few more ridiculous ones:

1583530093975.png

1583530107154.png

This is what we get in exchange for low property taxes.

Last edited:
ebrsd.JPG
gewcdsdc.JPG
qewsds.JPG
vewwvs.JPG

I agree Albert C. This and Poet and George and Post lofts will be great infill projects! What’s up with Post lofts anyway.

I agree Albert C. This and Poet and George and Post lofts will be great infill projects! What’s up with Post lofts anyway.

Seems like the issue with Post Lofts is that it's passed through different developers through the years, but none of them have been able to get it off the ground. The current concept by "Condoman" (Designed by Standard Practice Architects) looks great but they haven't really formalized the marketing and sales to move substantially forward. Shame that the project at 1001 Queen & Pape got cancelled as well.

Seems like the issue with Post Lofts is that it's passed through different developers through the years, but none of them have been able to get it off the ground. The current concept by "Condoman" (Designed by Standard Practice Architects) looks great but they haven't really formalized the marketing and sales to move substantially forward. Shame that the project at 1001 Queen & Pape got cancelled as well.
Yes I saw that the one at Pape was cancelled. Pity. They did put a fence up at Post lofts however...whatever that means.

Hullmark is hoping to start construction of its first purpose-built apartment building, 1151 Queen East, this fall. It will have 47 suites and almost 5,000 square feet of retail space.

^
Kingston Road probably has more, but I agree Queen St. E. is impressive.

Also, if a few more planned projects get going, Dupont and St. Clair W are probably in a similar league.
^
Don’t forget there are also a growing number of midrise and highrise condos coming up on the East Danforth.

Back