Mississauga 1110-1170 Central Parkway West | ?m | 1s | Carttera

drum118

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Very little info on this project other going to committee of adjustment to convey the land for it

It includes 1100, 1140 and 1170 Central Parkway West as well 3424 Erindale Station Rd.

It takes up 3/4 of the existing plaza and buildings there now.

The land is class as employment and commercial that will require a change for this project.

From Carttera on LinkedIn:
Site preparation has begun on Carttera's newest industrial development located at 1110, 1130 & 1170 Central Parkway West in Mississauga!

Two-Phase Development on this 13-acre site featuring:
- Two new speculative industrial buildings - 148,000 sf & 103,000 sf, with an anticipated Occupancy of Q3 2023
- Features: 36' clear height, 2%+ office SF, 34 shipping doors and 4 drive-in doors
- Phase Two: A new speculative industrial building - 52,000 sf with an anticipated Occupancy of Q2 2025
- Easy access to Hwy 403
- Targeting LEED Certification

Stay tuned for more exciting announcements & news coming soon!
Designstor-22010_OfficeC03_st1.70_5K06.jpg

So this also includes the office towers on the west side of Central Parkway? Google maps is showing 1170 to be on the west side but I always knew that place as 1300 Central Parkway.
1667485974188.png

I'll have to swing by here and see if any demo work is starting.

I'm a little mixed on this proposal. As someone who lived in the area for years, I always saw a value in redeveloping these lands, although I hoped at one point to see a residential component come into play here (townhomes). Looking back on that idea , I don't know if there'd be any pushback to a midrise, but I assume some opposition could occur, even though theres plenty of space for a midrise ir two with TH around.
(also, I believe this is Employment lands)
That being said, I'm really glad to see more of this land developed.

I'm a little mixed on this proposal. As someone who lived in the area for years, I always saw a value in redeveloping these lands, although I hoped at one point to see a residential component come into play here (townhomes). Looking back on that idea , I don't know if there'd be any pushback to a midrise, but I assume some opposition could occur, even though theres plenty of space for a midrise ir two with TH around.
(also, I believe this is Employment lands)
That being said, I'm really glad to see more of this land developed.
These are actually designated provincially significant employment lands, which means that there is basically a 0% chance of residential development.

The lands are also quite far from a major highway, which is why they haven't been developed before now. With the industrial land shortages happening in the GTA though, developers are taking any spare industrial land they can get their hands on.. so someone is finally building here.

Thanks for the infornation, I had no idea!
The 403 isn't too far, although the nearest exit is on Mavis. Hopefully we'll see the rest of this land spoken for in the coming years.

The 403 isn't too far, although the nearest exit is on Mavis. Hopefully we'll see the rest of this land spoken for in the coming years.
The lands is walking distance to a go train. Perhaps Mississauga put their employement lands in poor locations. Mavis is a very close highway entrance and a go station in walking distance. I would understand more if the employement lands was a 10+ floor office building but that isn’t a very hot commodity in Mississauga.

The lands is walking distance to a go train. Perhaps Mississauga put their employement lands in poor locations. Mavis is a very close highway entrance and a go station in walking distance. I would understand more if the employement lands was a 10+ floor office building but that isn’t a very hot commodity in Mississauga.
The province is the one who decides what is provincially significant or not :)

This is about the right size for an Amazon delivery station, though it's maybe not far enough from their cluster up on Steeles/WC area.

I always wondered why this land remained empty for so long. Though there's still one empty plot by the Erindale Station rail crossing.

Back