upload_2018-4-12_11-28-23.png
    882.1 KB · Views: 1,082
  • upload_2018-4-12_11-28-47.png
    upload_2018-4-12_11-28-47.png
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,179
  • upload_2018-4-12_11-29-8.png
    upload_2018-4-12_11-29-8.png
    102.7 KB · Views: 946
This is a pretty fine looking tower, at least 7-8 out of 10, providing the materials are of superior quality.

When a tower wants to be 62 storeys, it has to be better than "good enough".

Since we’re now engaged in pointless rhetoric, I’d suggest you look up the definition of “good enough”. It’s defined as good enough.

Since we’re now engaged in pointless rhetoric, I’d suggest you look up the definition of “good enough”. It’s defined as good enough.

I think the problem is a school of thought in architecture that a new building has to fit in its surroundings. When the surroundings are all green and gray glass buildings, they just multiply.

I think my point stands. The idea that if we're looking at a 62-storey tower and going "yeah, I guess that's good enough", that probably isn't the reaction we want from something that has such a huge impact on the city. It should give more back than that.

I think my points stands even better :)
'Good enough' is implicitly a relative judgment. 'Good enough' for the NHL is different than 'good enough' for a rec-league. I think this is good enough for a 62 story building in a prominent location in Toronto. That's a high standard, and I think this building meets it. It's vastly better than Aura (what isn't?) although not quite as good as M&G, SNF which are megatalls.

I think my points stands even better :)
'Good enough' is implicitly a relative judgment. 'Good enough' for the NHL is different than 'good enough' for a rec-league. I think this is good enough for a 62 story building in a prominent location in Toronto. That's a high standard, and I think this building meets it. It's vastly better than Aura (what isn't?) although not quite as good as M&G, SNF which are megatalls.

It is good enough - back in 2005.

AoD

This proposal is the rare case where I generally like the ground level (although to list part of the area for POPS when it will be patio space is deeply disingenuous; would prefer the entire proposal moved a meter east for proper outdoor seating space here than more car space in the laneway, but it's a quibble) but find the tower merely fine.

Back