Toronto 11 YV | 213m | 62s | Metropia | Sweeny &Co

The Cumberland parking garage still appears to be owned by Kingsett based on sale and assessment data as mentioned by Sunnyray, and the address on file is Kingsett's as well at 66 Wellington. Is it possible any transfer would take place after the sales of this building, or perhaps not at all, whereas Cresford is simply acting as a "selling agent", so to speak?

Some of these "KS" properties like "KS 21 Yorkville Ave" or "KS Yorkville/Cumberland Inc" seems to have "mailing address" of 40 University #1200 (as I recall),... that's for "Triovest" which seems to be the property management/leasing firm for Kingsett
https://www.linkedin.com/company/triovest
https://triovest.com/en/2015/12/16/triovest-appointed-manager-of-2-bloor-street-west/

There is currently NO development application on file for Cresford's 33 Yorkville project,... BUT, interestingly the City has NEW demolition request for the parking garage (50 Cumberland - Oct 6: 17 244421 DEM 00 DM), 26-32 Cumberland (Nov 7: 17 244393 DEM 00 DM) and 27-29 Yorkville (Nov 7: 17 244410 DEM 00 DM),... this includes all the all of "Blue Top" section of my previous diagram except the northeast corner at 12, 23, 25 Yorkville - this by coincidence is the segment that was NOT included in original Kingsett UpZone request 4(?) years ago,...

In comparison,.... GreatGulf's 8 Cumberland got their City Council approval April 2017,.... and submitted demolition request 4 months later in August 2017.

33 yorkville has had zoning approval for several years.

Kingsett's up-zoning,... but when a new developer comes in and keep the zoning changes,.... they usually trigger a new development application file as we see at 4050 Yonge (TTC head office to Gupta hotel office-condo) and 5220 Yonge (Centrium to EllieCondo),... same zoning, same height, same dimension,.... some exterior changes,...

You mean site plan? Yes, they would need SPA still, and have yet to file for that. You can file demolition and excavate your garage before getting Site Plan Approval though.

You mean site plan? Yes, they would need SPA still, and have yet to file for that. You can file demolition and excavate your garage before getting Site Plan Approval though.

Yes,... Site Plan Application with all its reports.

The owner can file for demolition,... and the owner on file for the 33 Yorkville site is still Kingsett,.... who seems to have a good partnership with RioCan (via their YongeSheppardCentre podium),.... thus, it shouldn't be surprising if the retail podium between this site and that one be connected or linked somehow,.... but we'll have to wait until their Site Plan Application or this Rezoning/SitePlanDevelopment Development Application to see what they have plan, if anything,...

Accoriding to Realnet - looks like 19 Yorkville is now part of this

Accoriding to Realnet - looks like 19 Yorkville is now part of this

That's getting to be a nice little assembly; there will be some crazy density on this block between this, 1, and 33. I don't see 19 on the heritage directory, but hopefully they're planning on retaining regardless.

That's getting to be a nice little assembly; there will be some crazy density on this block between this, 1, and 33. I don't see 19 on the heritage directory, but hopefully they're planning on retaining regardless.
I think you mean 17?

17:
17.JPG

19:
19.JPG

Attachments

• 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 1,063
  • 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,103
The developers are hosting a "design reveal event" for local residents week after next.

This image is included in the invite:

upload_2018-3-27_15-49-35.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-3-27_15-49-35.png
    upload_2018-3-27_15-49-35.png
    301.4 KB · Views: 830
11 YORKVILLE AVE
Ward 27 - Tor & E.York District

Site Plan Control application to facilitate redevelopment of the site with 2 buildings: a 62-storey mixed-use building on the north parcel (total gross floor area of approximately 51,443 square metres and a total of 716 units, of which 81 will be rental replacement units), and a 2-storey commercial building on the south parcel (approximately 954 square metres NGFA).
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type
Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 18 135372 STE 27 SA Mar 27, 2018 Application Received
OPA & Rezoning 18 135369 STE 27 OZ Mar 27, 2018 Application Received
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...4344376&isCofASearch=false&isTlabSearch=false

My guess for a 62 floor tower is 222 metres, just slightly taller than 33 Yorkville, because it's slightly closer to Yonge & Bloor.

Here is a generic 222 metre tower at 11 Yorkville:

CR1CQ4v.png

YmRdhAK.png

Last edited:
At first blush, looking at the proposed building(s) plus the parcel, I'm unclear if this could meet the City's long time objective of establishing a view corridor to the clock tower.

The clock tower is towards the westernmost portion of the proposed site, so it's not out of the question.

I've quite liked the idea of creating a new pedestrian corridor from Bloor to Yorkville with a view terminus at the Clock Tower.

Hopefully that will be reflected here.

Back