Vaughan 11 Interchange Way | 175.4m | 55s | Graywood | IBI Group

Considering they are building a subway to Vaughan **Metropolitan** Centre, I'm really happy to see some major density coming to the area. Let's put the "M" in VMC.

Baker Real Estate is handling the marketing.... email from them today is saying 48 & 51 storeys... coming early 2017....

unnamed.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 612
Apparently the idea is to retain the existing hotel and build the new stuff around it.

Not from what this article says

Gupta Group launching ICONA Condominiums in Vaughan
“There will be two towers, 51 storeys and 53 storeys, with a large three-storey podium facing Highway 7,” said Steve Gupta, chairman and chief executive officer of The Gupta Group and president and CEO of the Easton’s Group of Hotels. “There will be about 20,000 square feet of retail on the first floor of the podium, and the second and third floors will have all of the amenities for the towers.”

The tallest towers in Vaughan will be built on the site of Easton’s Group’s Hilton Garden Inn, which will be torn down and relocated. They’ll combine to contain approximately 1,140 suites. There will be 12 units per floor, comprised of one three-bedroom, five two-bedroom plus dens and six one-bedroom plus dens.
More........https://renx.ca/gupta-group-launching-icona-condominiums-vaughan/

This thing apparently sold like hotcakes at launch. Seems like there is a near insatiable demand for condos in VMC right now, probably over 2,000 units have sold in the last 12 months here.

also interesting is that as far as I can tell, Gupta has yet to make a rezoning application to the city. Nothing I can find in council minutes or on Vaughans PlanIt website at least.

I'm sorry... what would the purpose of living on the 40th floor at the end of the subway be? That's going to be one hell of a wait for the elevator, all for the privilege of living beside... an industrial park and a rail yard?

I'm sorry... what would the purpose of living on the 40th floor at the end of the subway be? That's going to be one hell of a wait for the elevator, all for the privilege of living beside... an industrial park and a rail yard?

I see what you mean now, but in the next 10,20,30 years the area will evolve CONSIDERABLY. Also, it's not simply a rail yard and industrial park, there's plenty of big, anchor store-like retail nearby, and further on there are established neighbourhoods and retail plazas (toward Jane, other areas I'm sure)

I wonder how many buyers have stepped foot in the area. Just attempting to make sense why anyone would want to "live" here now. 10 to 30 years is a looong time to wait for an oversized TOD development.

**edit. Yeah, there's a ton of retail nearby but, what does it matter when you're likely still going to drive to the stores. I've walked big box plazas at Eglinton & Warden and felt unsafe and really stupid doing it.

Last edited:
I wonder how many buyers have stepped foot in the area. Just attempting to make sense why anyone would want to "live" here now. 10 to 30 years is a looong time to wait for an oversized TOD development.

**edit. Yeah, there's a ton of retail nearby but, what does it matter when you're likely still going to drive to the stores. I've walked big box plazas at Eglinton & Warden and felt unsafe and really stupid doing it.
I know I know, but it's at least some kind of option for shopping in the immediate area. That's also why I mentioned more established neighbourhoods around there.

Back