Vaughan 7Central | 175.4m | 55s | Graywood | Arcadis

I'm sorry... what would the purpose of living on the 40th floor at the end of the subway be? That's going to be one hell of a wait for the elevator, all for the privilege of living beside... an industrial park and a rail yard?

It wasn't all that long ago that most of the area south of Front in downtown was rail yards. CityPlace was a big one. Things can and will change.

I purchased a unit and backed out when my lawyer said there hasn't been any city approval and that their 2021 completion date can be extended to 2025. I was told I was crazy to give up my unit because it has already gone up by 30,000. There is a ton of interest here. Is anybody concerned about the possible 2025 completion date? Was I crazy to give up my unit?

It isn't going to finish that late. 2021 is probably a little ambitious, though, indeed. My guess would be 2022 or 2023.

The problem as well in Vaughan is that it's not immediately easy to see if a submission has been made to the city essentially without actually visiting city hall and asking. They are very slow on updating PlanIt, there are several applications that have had signs posted on site for months that have not been posted online.

Now I hear there is a 3rd tower being sold. Most developers work one tower at a time. The third tower is being built on top of the existing 16 story hotel. A realtor called me saying this is even better. Anyone have any experience with a condo hotel.

It wasn't all that long ago that most of the area south of Front in downtown was rail yards. CityPlace was a big one. Things can and will change.

Totally agree with, many people are just so reluctant to see / accept changes around them

I purchased a unit and backed out when my lawyer said there hasn't been any city approval and that their 2021 completion date can be extended to 2025. I was told I was crazy to give up my unit because it has already gone up by 30,000. There is a ton of interest here. Is anybody concerned about the possible 2025 completion date? Was I crazy to give up my unit?

Wow ! sounds crazy about the price up !
You got a 1 bed or 2 bed unit ???

Don't do a condo hotel. Been a disaster elsewhere.
Why ???

Last edited by a moderator:
A hotel is a commercial property. You pay commercial taxes rates.

Slight bit of hyperbole in that article. The original hotel wasn't built around acres of Greenfields.

icona.PNG

now 3 towers.

tallest is 173.6m, shorter 167.7m, shortest 147m.

Attachments

• icona.PNG
    icona.PNG
    906.8 KB · Views: 582
That's more like it. A continuous street presence with a mid-block break for internal access, even if it's poorly executed, is immensely preferable to having a windswept parking lot facing the street.

Back