Toronto 11 Bay | 269.45m | 54s | QuadReal | Daoust Lestage

Any idea on how tall of an office building is suitable for this location?

This (from the previous page on this thread) gives a pretty good sense of scale (at least on an order of magnitude basis) and a fairly cogent approach to site planning (setting aside more specificity with respect to details like grade activation, urban design, mix of uses in each tower, and whether any part of any of the extant structures would be kept).

1583535302694.png

Pretty underwhelming when the site is capable of containing something probably bigger than the HUB.

That being said, I would look forward to a 'Tower 1', as it does hold the opportunity of reworking the Harbour Castle's street & spit-facing facades.

Last edited:
So, no renders as such, yet.

But.......we know the vision.........

Its a new 54-Storey commercial office tower, 1M square feet, plus replacement conference facilities and ancillary retail.

Also, connected directly to Queen's Quay LRT and to the Path (above grade here), with a connection south to Jack Layton Ferry terminal.

1593112243002.png

1593112086398.png

1593112012245.png

I think this is the 2nd largest office tower they have ever designed, and 4th largest in general. I think they are one of the nicest architect firm in Canada.

Tower with contemporary office floor plate (ie. simple rectangular form), a screened top to shield mechanical equipment. Sounds like Bay Adelaide Centre to me.

Can we have this tower reach over 350 hundred meters please ! It would create a more jagged height look in the waterfront skyline ! As you can see the office towers at 250 metres range has that limit height look . As you can see in Koops diagram below !

Last edited:

Back