Toronto 1071 King West | 62.2m | 17s | Hullmark | BDP Quadrangle

It will never happen. I'd rather that we spent money improving transit to the site with new CityRail style GO or TTC DRL subway service.

I fully agree - a new subway would do wonders here. Whether they'll actually do it is another question.

Yes, tunnel underneath. In an almost 10 billion dollar annual budget, the city seems to have plenty for key infrastructure projects. Despite this, they unfortunately don't seem to be in any rush make the exploding Liberty Village less isolated, which could be done by connecting a few key roads. It will only be more complicated and infuriating for residents once the area is built out.

Are you suggesting that tens or hundreds of millions of dollars be shifted out of the city's operating budget in order to build tunnels or bridges (GO-willing) to Liberty Village? I'm going to assume that most of the buyers noted the relatively few routes into the area, and some residents may even like that kind of "isolation." In the end, it's not the absence of roads, bridges or tunnels, but an excessive overbuilding courtesy of developers hungry to sell as many units as possible that has contributed mostly to the exploding population.

For that reason, I agree that investing in transit infrastructure is the best way to go.

Soil testers on site today.

IMG_8920.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8920.JPG
    IMG_8920.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,650
This is now a Hullmark and First Capital project with Quadrangle as the architect. 15 storeys, 230 units.

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 1.16.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 1.17.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 1.17.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 1.17.21 PM.png

This is the previous, 17-storey version of the proposal. Hopefully the materials are similar:

Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 1.18.05 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-12-10 at 1.18.13 PM.png

So I guess there is no plan to correct this jog between Sudbury/Douro Street, either by realigning the streets or constructing a multi-use path along King to connect the two intersections?

1576005723295.png

someone stole the name of my travel mug for that cafe
also, very nice.

Back