Toronto 101 Spadina Avenue | 133.95m | 39s | Devron Developments | AUDAX

Balconies so high up in what will be a windy tunnel? Why not lower down?
Lots of buildings around with higher balconies. But yeah...balconies in the sky will equal more wind exposure. So owners/renters should be prepared for that. /shrug

I just don't really think many people are going to want to spend much time hanging out in a small space hemmed in by the car sewers that are Spadina and Adelaide. This is a common gripe I have with Parks/Planning -- they give little thought to park placement vis-a-vis horrible conditions in terms of vehicular noise and air pollution and pedestrian safety.

Placement of the park on corner of major streets was cited explicitly as a feature (not a bug) at the community consultation last night.

It was super-annoying to listen to the CreateTO and the developers make out that the park was a public benefit and the Developers gifting to the city. The park is being built on City land, and is compromised by the Green P parking being placed underneath (which was also portrayed as a feature rather than a bug). It will be in constant shade as the Developer wants the south part of the parcels for the building. No affordable housing to be included in the project. Crap design. Not sure why this project has the support of the Councillor's office...

Placement of the park on corner of major streets was cited explicitly as a feature (not a bug) at the community consultation last night.

It was super-annoying to listen to the CreateTO and the developers make out that the park was a public benefit and the Developers gifting to the city. The park is being built on City land, and is compromised by the Green P parking being placed underneath (which was also portrayed as a feature rather than a bug). It will be in constant shade as the Developer wants the south part of the parcels for the building. No affordable housing to be included in the project. Crap design. Not sure why this project has the support of the Councillor's office...

I vehemently disagree with it being a 'crap design' but I do think the park location isn't the best. To cross-post from the 400 King West thread, I think that would've made a much better location for a park.

View attachment 390807
Wish I had a better shot but here's a higher angle of the demolition.

Not that I'm anti-development but as I saw this come down, I realized it would've been a decent location for a park, better than the one proposed at Spadina and Adelaide imo! Add a retail on the Eastern portion of the site to liven the space, add a patio to Khao San Road and it'd be a pretty neat little "square" surrounded on all sides by food/retail.

I like the idea of a corner park in an interesting area which is very urban and busy with pedestrian and vehicular activity. Perhaps it is not perfect but I believe I would enjoy an open space on a major thoroughfare as a spot to sit and watch the world go by. As long as there are shade trees and lots of seating.

New docs from Dec 20, 2022:

101spad.JPG

as usual, another Toronto project gets watered down and sterilized of any interesting details. on the bright side it's not made of glass. this building will look fine where it's proposed but we need a few like this in the heart of the Entertainment District to contrast against the sea of glass there.

as usual, another Toronto project gets watered down and sterilized of any interesting details. on the bright side it's not made of glass. this building will look fine where it's proposed but we need a few like this in the heart of the Entertainment District to contrast against the sea of glass there.
"We are altering the design. Pray we don't alter it any further." >.<

Back