Toronto 101 Spadina Avenue | 133.95m | 39s | Devron Developments | AUDAX

Some detail about this from UT at the meeting tonight. I'm sure we'll get a more formal story in the coming days:

https://twitter.com/Urban_Toronto/status/844337883955769344

C7ew0PNVUAE7heL.jpg

Wow! I actually really like the look of that. Interesting massing that accomplishes the same thing as the standard podium + point tower combo while actually feeling different, and what looks to be interesting cladding choice! Bring it on.

It's worth noting that this site is larger than we thought. It includes everything on the block other than the Cityzen site at the corner of Adelaide and Charlotte, and the Charlotte condo at Charlotte and Oxley. The heritage 355 Adelaide building is retained and reworked a bit.

The building outline at the right in the image above is the office tower at The Well. UrbanToronto's tweets from last night revealed that architects are Diamond Schmitt; this is directly across the street from their Adelaide Street offices.

Well I hope for their sake that the finish quality is higher than at the HighPark Condos or University Place, since they'll be looking at it every day.

Our front page story is now up, here. Keeping in mind when you read it that the rendering at the top of the story is not as up-to-date in terms of the massing as the images included a few posts above this one.

What is the city getting for letting them appropriate these two parking lots? Did I miss something?

Private company appropriating land from the government? Seems bizarro.

I would imagine Green P like any other company. They own and also lease property.

Back