Toronto Verge Condominiums | 60.3m | 17s | RioCan Living | Turner Fleischer

Core Architects:

Render.JPG

Attachments

• Render.JPG
    Render.JPG
    288 KB · Views: 3,677
hope i'm looking at what I think I am, and that's curtianwall. Given the percentage glazing presented, I think it would have to be to meet code. That or the render is ignoring a rather large amount of spandrel.

Last edited:
hope i'm looking at what I think I am, and that's curtianwall. Given the percentage glazing presented, I think it would have to be to meet code. That or the render is ignoring a rather large amount of spandrel.

I wouldn't read too much into that render beyond the massing. The materials would just be what's on the working model from which the render was generated. This is so early that it's doubtful a final material has been decided on. That said, I also doubt that you could get a PSF that would support curtainwall this far out of the City.

Well I guess we should at least be thankful that we're not getting more townhouses like ones on the east side of the Queensway. That would've been a bigger disaster

I pray that those hideous, inappropriate townhomes will get redeveloped within a reasonable amount of time. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the city actually approved them.

The townhomes at The Queensway and Islington are not even in the same ballpark.

QwayIslTwns.jpg

Redeveloping them would be quite difficult as they are individually owned.

Attachments

• QwayIslTwns.jpg
    QwayIslTwns.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 1,302
I was going to say...I really don't see any correlation between those horrible town homes and 10 Downing Street...

I agree 100% with this, but I have a feeling that if these developments go through (which they most likely will since the city is trying to intensify The Queensway), any chance at seeing that style of development will be pretty unlikely. It doesnt seem like there is a master plan for the site as a whole, so development will just be patchwork here.
We need something like Waterfront Toronto or Midtown in Focus to guide development and intensification along The Queensway corridor.

^The sad thing is, we'll never see anything like that even though it's needed. It makes sense since it would go hand in hand with the city's plan to reconfigure ramps on the Gardiner at Kipling and Islington, and it could also be combined with the planning of future land uses of the SmartCentre at Sherway.

Unfortunately what we will see is a mishmash of developments popping up along The Queensway, especially when the time comes for the big-box stores west of Kipling to be re-developed.

^The sad thing is, we'll never see anything like that even though it's needed. It makes sense since it would go hand in hand with the city's plan to reconfigure ramps on the Gardiner at Kipling and Islington, and it could also be combined with the planning of future land uses of the SmartCentre at Sherway.

Unfortunately what we will see is a mishmash of developments popping up along The Queensway, especially when the time comes for the big-box stores west of Kipling to be re-developed.
I'd like to see it cover the development, growth and intensification around the Six-Points Interchange, and the whole stretch between Kipling and Cloverdale Mall along Dundas West, and the area around Sherway Gardens.

This is where we can concentrate a lot of the region's future growth, close to both downtown and Mississauga.

Our first story on this project is now up on the front page.

I'm looking forward to the first community meeting on this, and am hoping that the 20-storey tower at the corner will not be opposed by the City. I think this is exactly the kind of thing that the Queensway needs. The 12-storey buildings fit in well with what's been built at the IQ site along the Queensway, so that should be no problem. I assume that this will be phased so that not all of the restaurants close for business during development: cinema-goers keep them pretty busy.

First time I have just found this website! I am excited to see there are plans to improve the Queensway....I just feel there are so many blocks that need refurbishing (especially the block with the gentleman's club on it). These restaurants are busy all the time And the parking lot gets packed at the cinema (I once left due to no parking). Anyhow I will be curious to see how this transforms things...

First time I have just found this website! I am excited to see there are plans to improve the Queensway....I just feel there are so many blocks that need refurbishing (especially the block with the gentleman's club on it). These restaurants are busy all the time And the parking lot gets packed at the cinema (I once left due to no parking). Anyhow I will be curious to see how this transforms things...
Welcome to UT!

You'll find as you explore some of the various topics posted on the site that the city doesnt have a plan directly pertaining to The Queensway per se, but development on The Queensway is guided by the city's avenues plan. As a result we will be seeing a variety of different types of buildings proposed along this stretch of the west end (ie: These types of proposals vs. recently completed buildings like The Hive-a 6 story boutique style residence located near Royal York).

How these developments knit together in the end is anyone's guess, but in hopefully we avoid the same mistakes that were made in planning other neighborhoods (such as Liberty Village and Humber Bay).

Back