Toronto Verge Condominiums | 60.3m | 17s | RioCan Living | Turner Fleischer

Not sure what the point of that would be. Transportation Services would never allow a road to intersect with Islington so close to Queensway to the north and the QEW onramp to the south.

At one time, I would have liked to see a Queensway streetcar/LRT median through Etobicoke, connecting to the 501 at Humber Loop, and I can still dream about it. Ideally, in my mind, both the 501 and the Queensway streetcar could terminate at a DRL station at Roncesvalles or somewhere in Parkdale.

Route 80, despite intensification already along the Queensway, is lightly traveled. Most transit ridership through there is north-south to and from the subway.
Part of that (80's unattractiveness) though, at least when I used to visit the Galway Arms more often, was the crap schedule and awkward interaction with the 501 because of Humber Loop's position. If Park Lawn Loop got built, Humber's importance takes a nose dive and the notion of creating a Y-junction with a line down the Queensway in the median (a possible one seat ride through to Queen/King/WWLRT alignment) becomes attractive, doubly so if a use for the Humber Loop lands can be devised notwithstanding the treatment plant. Even a median BRT would be good for a start, if the streetcar ROW could be paved for a stretch east of Humber to create a day 1 intersection rather than having the BRT end at Queensway/Stephen Drive.

This is very exciting. This part of Toronto is such a gem of an area and there is so much potential for redevelopment. Not to mention, the strategic location close to both DT Toronto and Mississauga City Centre.

The 80A Queensway bus does not go into the Humber Loop, passengers have to transfer at Windermere or Ellis. The 80B Queensway does loop at Humber, but late evenings and Sundays. They should, at minimum, rebuild and reconfigure the Humber Loop to allow the 80B Queensway bus to use the Humber Loop as a stop, accessing on and off the Queensway on the way as well. However, with the shortage of funds for the TTC, we cannot expect much changes to the Humber Loop.

This is very exciting. This part of Toronto is such a gem of an area and there is so much potential for redevelopment. Not to mention, the strategic location close to both DT Toronto and Mississauga City Centre.

What makes this area a gem?

Reactions: Rod
At one time, I would have liked to see a Queensway streetcar/LRT median through Etobicoke, connecting to the 501 at Humber Loop, and I can still dream about it. Ideally, in my mind, both the 501 and the Queensway streetcar could terminate at a DRL station at Roncesvalles or somewhere in Parkdale.

Route 80, despite intensification already along the Queensway, is lightly traveled. Most transit ridership through there is north-south to and from the subway.

I've always felt rerouting the Milton line east of Dixie station underneath the Queensway would be a worthwhile venture especially considering the impending intensification along this stretch from Sherway towards downtown.

I've always felt rerouting the Milton line east of Dixie station underneath the Queensway would be a worthwhile venture especially considering the impending intensification along this stretch from Sherway towards downtown.
Absolute 0% chance of that ever happening, let alone in our lifetime. There would be massive construction costs associated, expropriation would be required everywhere, ROW issues, NIMBYism (a la Spadina Expressway level), etc...

I'll put it this way, the odds are greater for a subway to be built along The Queensway vs. a "re-routed Milton Line". And we all know that a subway will never be built on Queensway.

Absolute 0% chance of that ever happening, let alone in our lifetime. There would be massive construction costs associated, expropriation would be required everywhere, ROW issues, NIMBYism (a la Spadina Expressway level), etc...

I'll put it this way, the odds are greater for a subway to be built along The Queensway vs. a "re-routed Milton Line". And we all know that a subway will never be built on Queensway.

That is true but considering CP Rail's ownership of most of the current Milton line and the cost associated with purchasing said line and diverting freight traffic onto another route, the costs of doing so might not seem so outrageous. The benefit would be a much faster route into the city than the current alignment that loops north and then south again.

While talk of a Queensway streetcar isn't too far divorced from redevelopment and increased density along the street, talk of a GO tunnel under it, as interesting as the idea seems, is way out there, and really belongs in a transportation thread, not here please!

If they ever decide to reconfigure the Humber Loop, they should reconnect the 66B Prince Edward with the Humber Loop. Currently, it's orphaned being disconnected from the loop, where most passengers would use to do transfers.

upload_2016-1-11_17-31-21.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-1-11_17-31-21.png
    upload_2016-1-11_17-31-21.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 1,204
If the passageway until the Gardiner were paved, then buses could use it as well as the streetcars. It would be interesting to also have the 66A loop via Lake Shore and Marine Parade Drive along with the 66B. That would double the service in an area where the density is just growing and growing.

Well I guess we should at least be thankful that we're not getting more townhouses like ones on the east side of the Queensway. That would've been a bigger disaster

Back